After Thursday’s pool play games, it’s important not only to consider Friday’s matchups but also to keep in mind which teams have momentum heading into the power pools. See who’s hot after three games (awesome photos here) in our day one power rankings.
1. Ironside — Dominant all day, especially in wind. Still unsatisfied with mistakes. Remains the clear frontrunner.
2. Revolver — Despite some bumps this season, you knew they would be ready for Nationals. They are.
3. Doublewide — Convincing third round win against Johnny Bravo shows how explosive this team can be.
4. Ring of Fire — Big upset over Machine to get the second power pool spot puts them on a good path to quarters.
5. Johnny Bravo — Bravo was up against Doublewide early and look dangerous.
6. Sockeye — Survived an early loss to Sub Zero to make it out on top of the pool.
7. GOAT — The Toronto squad blew out Chain Lightning to start the day and look poised to make quarters.
8. Rhino — It wasn’t pretty, but Rhino got two universe point wins to join Ironside in the power pool.
9. Machine — The best team in the bottom power pools, they should still make quarters.
10. Furious George — Lost to Rhino on universe point but should make it in to prequarters.
11. Chain Lightning — The wind really takes Chain out of their game. GOAT took advantage in the first round.
12. Truck Stop — A last round win against PoNY gives them some positivity heading into Friday.
13. Sub Zero — Big win against Sockeye shows how strong this team can be.
14. PoNY — Right there in each of their games. Unfortunately, injuries leave them depleted for tomorrow.
15. Madison Club — Stayed with a strong Ring team, but were outmatched.
16. Boost Mobile — Almost got the upset over Rhino, but couldn’t close out.
1. Polar Bears — Cruised to three easy wins and kept them short, a critical component of success through four days.
2. Drag’N Thrust — Gutted through a very tough pool to win all three games.
3. The Ghosts — An easy day for the Ghosts, they’ll get their first test tomorrow against Drag’N Thrust.
4. Chad Larson Experience — Cruised past their West Coast competition and looked sharp.
5. Cosa Nostra — Exploded out of the 16 seed to take second in their pool.
6. Blackbird — The 2011 champions are still in a solid position to make quarters.
7. Slow White — The strong Boston team will have to get a win over a Regional rival to avoid a prequarter game.
8. Odyssée — Got a big win against 7 Figures to stay in the top power pool.
9. American BBQ — Lost two close games and look prepared to make prequarters.
10. 7 Figures — Just missed out on the top power pool.
11. Overhaul — They have a good shot to make prequarters against weaker Pool C.
12. Mischief — Eked out a win over Wild Card.
13. Bucket — Disappointing losses to Overhaul and Cosa Nostra, but this team has talent.
14. Wild Card — Stayed with both Mischief and Blackbird.
15. Mental Toss Flycoons — A good team that let winnable games slip away.
16. AMP — Outmatched in their pool.
1. Fury — We won’t doubt this team until we see a reason to. Their win streak continues.
2. Riot — Strong, confident play from the Seattle squad.
3. Showdown — Surprising upsets over overall 4 and 5 seeds means we have a new contender.
4. Scandal — Confident win over Capitals showed a poised, polished team.
5. Nemesis — A one-point loss to Scandal and a win over the Capitals? Very solid.
6. Molly Brown — Big upset over Ozone makes their path to quarters so much easier.
7. Brute Squad — Losing to Fury is nothing to be ashamed of.
8. Heist — They barely lost an absolute battle against Brute Squad.
9. Traffic — Yes, they made the top power pool, but they didn’t look good today.
10. Ozone — They’ll have to face regional rival Phoenix again in an important game.
11. Nightlock — An upset over a one seed is always an achievement.
12. Capitals — High expectations didn’t pan out after shock loss to Nemesis.
13. Phoenix — Will need a big showing tomorrow to stay alive.
14. Underground — The wind made it tough for them.
15. Schwa — Got whipped in their last two games.
16. Hot Metal — Scored just one point against Fury.
Tagged Club Championships