May 4, 2018 by Charlie Eisenhood in Rankings with 0 comments
Raleigh’s Texas swing was a split decision, with the Flyers coming up short in game one against Austin but winning the back-to-back over Dallas. With San Diego getting a split in the Bay Area, it was a compelling weekend around the league.
Here’s a look at the latest Power Rankings.
The AUDL rankings can always be found at their permanent home.
AUDL Power Rankings:
|6||Los Angeles Aviators||-||6|
|7||Minnesota Wind Chill||-||7|
|8||New York Empire||-||8|
|12||San Diego Growlers||+3||15|
|13||SF Flame Throwers||-3||10|
|18||Tampa Bay Cannons||-1||17|
- The Austin Sol now have wins over Raleigh and Los Angeles. Their only blemish is a two-point loss to Dallas on the road. With a home game against the Roughnecks next week, can they solidify their position as the top team in the South?
- The Indianapolis Alleycats might just deserve some more respect. They got a four point road win over Chicago this weekend and their only loss so far is to the Radicals.
- San Diego narrowly missed a 2-0 road trip, losing in overtime to San Jose on Friday night. They are clearly right in the mix in the West, and Steven Milardovich’s debut was huge for the team.
- Montreal has been surprisingly shaky to start this season. They pulled a win out of a hat against Ottawa with a crazy buzzer beater to force overtime, but Ottawa should be easy pickings for the Royal. They’ll be glad to start a four-game homestand this weekend.
- The Atlanta Hustle will get their first true test this weekend as they host the Sol. They’re 3-0, but all their wins have come against Tampa and Nashville.