College Power Rankings, Presented By NUTC [Feb 6, 2019]
Here are this week’s College Power Rankings, presented by the National Ultimate Training Camp! These rankings can always been found on our permanent rankings page.
Every Wednesday, we will post the College Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
D-I Women’s Power Rankings
D-I Women’s Discussion
- No change to our D-I men’s rankings this week, as no ranked teams were in action. California makes a case for getting back in by going undefeated at the Pres Day Qualifier, but their slim margin of victory over UC Davis in the final keeps the on the outside looking in this week.
D-I Men’s Power Rankings
D-I Men’s Discussion
- No change to our D-I men’s rankings this week, as no ranked teams were in action. With undefeated weekends at Mid-Atlantic Warmup and Big D in little d respectively, Vermont and Texas Tech put themselves on the radar as bubble teams.
D-III Women’s Power Rankings
D-III Women’s Discussion
- No movement again in our D-III women’s top 25. #12 Catholic winning Hucking & Shucking over some D-I competition was impressive, but not enough to move them up in the rankings this week.
D-III Men’s Power Rankings
D-III Men’s Discussion
- One week after dropping to #8, Richmond moves into the top 5 thanks to a solid showing at Mid-Atlantic Warmup, which included a three-point victory over #12 Williams.
- #9 John Brown jumps into the Top 10 for the first time this season after acquitting themselves very well in a run to the final at Big D in little d. At the same tournament, Rice advanced to the semifinals before falling in a close to game to Texas Tech; Cloud 9 enter the rankings this week at #17.
- The biggest riser of the week is #11 Davidson, up nine spots after a performance at Mid-Atlantic Warmup that included multiple wins over Williams. Going the other direction was Mary Washington, who fell from #3 all the way down to #13; they managed only close wins over B teams and unheralded D-I squads, then lost to James Madison — a team Williams beat.
- New to the rankings this week is #23 Colorado College; while they also took some tough losses, they were winning games with huge margins of victory at Big D in little d. They replace Florida Tech, who fall out after suffering losses to Troy and Georgia Southern at Royal Crown Classic.
More from Ultiworld