Action in Aurora shake up all three divisions.
July 17, 2019 by Ultiworld in Rankings with 0 comments
Here are the latest Club Power Rankings!
These rankings can always been found on our permanent rankings page. Every week, we will post the Club Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
Men's Division Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Kansas City Prairie Fire (21), Denver Inception (25)|
|2||Washington DC Truck Stop||+2||4|
|3||New York PoNY||-2||1|
|4||San Francisco Revolver||+1||5|
|6||Raleigh Ring Of Fire||+1||7|
|9||Minneapolis Sub Zero||-||9|
|10||Vancouver Furious George||-||10|
|12||Portland Rhino Slam||+6||18|
|15||Denver Johnny Bravo||-9||6|
|17||Atlanta Chain Lightning||-5||12|
- Poor performances by short-handed favorites at the Pro Elite Challenge shakes up the top of our Power Rankings. finalists Seattle Sockeye and Washington DC Truck Stop ascend to the top two spots while New York PoNY and Chicago Machine each slip two places after unexpected losses.
- With a blowout of PoNY and an appearance in the PEC semifinals, Toronto GOAT makes a big move up seven spots to #8. Portland Rhino Slam! make a similar move up to #12, picking up wins over top 10 teams Austin Doublewide and Denver Johnny Bravo, who go the other way plummeting all the way down to #15.
- Despite earning a win over Machine, Atlanta Chain Lightning‘s poor Sunday in Denver sees them tumble five spots to #17.
- New to the big board this week are a Cleveland Smokestack squad who picked up a Select Flight Invite – West tournament title, and Dallas Nitro, whose win over Houston HIP earlier this summer should have seen them ranked ahead of their in-state rivals previously.
- Falling out this week are Kansas City Prairie Fire and Denver Inception, who both went winless at PEC.
Mixed Division Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: New Jersey Jughandle (17), Seattle Birdfruit (22), Dallas Public Enemy (24)|
|3||Denver Love Tractor||+7||10|
|4||Boston Slow White||-1||3|
|5||Boston Snake Country||-1||4|
|6||Washington DC Space Heater||-||6|
|7||Fort Collins shame.||+2||9|
|8||Minneapolis Drag’N Thrust||-1||7|
|9||San Francisco Blackbird||-4||5|
|10||San Francisco Mischief||-2||8|
|11||Boston Wild Card||-||11|
|15||Minneapolis No Touching||+6||21|
|17||San Francisco Polar Bears||-1||16|
|20||Los Angeles Lotus||-||20|
|23||Washington DC Rally||-||23|
|24||West Chester Loco||-|
- After an appearance in the Pro Elite final, Denver Love Tractor shoot up to #3, bumping down a Boston Slow White squad who they beat in the semifinals in Aurora. Love Tractor’s in-state rival Fort Collins shame. also inch up two spots thanks to a solid performance on home turf.
- While the Colorado programs go up, the Bay Area squads go the other direction with San Francisco Blackbird, San Francisco Mischief, and San Francisco Polar Bears also fall at least one spot.
- You’d think we would have learned by now, but Minneapolis No Touching! is always better than we give them credit for. Despite losing franchise centerpiece Sam Valesano this year, they managed an impressive win over #16 Boise Lochsa and came within a point in three games against Top 15 competition, showing they still belong in the range of teams fighting for a strength bid.
- Two programs make their Power Rankings debut this week. Montana MOONDOG enter at #22 after winning Select Flight Invite – West over #23 Washington DC Rally. Slotting in ahead of the Montanans are Charlotte Storm, whose victories over Rally and Cocktails at Summer Glazed Days a few weeks back look even better after this weekend.
- West Chester Loco also find themselves inside the list this week after just missing out on the preseason board and then winning the Philly Invite, going largely unchallenged in an undefeated weekend.
- Disappointing performances from both New Jersey Jughandle and Seattle Birdfruit at Pro Elite this weekend drop them from the Top 25.
Women's Division Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Kansas City Wicked (22), Madison Heist (25)|
|1||Boston Brute Squad||-||1|
|2||San Francisco Fury||-||2|
|4||Washington DC Scandal||-||4|
|5||Denver Molly Brown||-||5|
|13||San Francisco Nightlock||-6||7|
|16||Washington DC Grit||+1||17|
|17||San Diego Wildfire||-3||14|
|21||New York BENT||+2||23|
|22||Florida Tabby Rosa||+2||24|
|23||Vancouver Sneaky House Hippos||-|
|24||Denver Small Batch||-|
- While things remain intact in the top quarter of our board, all of Portland Schwa, Raleigh Phoenix, and Columbus Rival impressed this weekend and move up within the Top 10.
- San Francisco Nightlock slip down six spots to #13 after being upended by Texas Showdown in the PEC prequarters. Also moving backwards are Atlanta Ozone, who frequently looked better than their 2-4 record on the weekend, but couldn’t manage victories over any of their mid-tier rivals.
- It was a weekend to forget for #17 San Diego Wildfire, whose only victories came against struggling North Central opposition. San Diego should look better in the future when they have the services of a couple U24 national team members back in the rotation.
- Speaking of the North Central, they hang on to just one spot in our Power Rankings, #25 Minneapolis Pop. Both Kansas City Wicked and Madison Heist drop out after tough performances in Aurora.
- Taking their place are #24 Denver Small Batch, who beat Pop in pool play at PEC, and #23 Vancouver Sneaky House Hippos, who own a victory over Small Batch at Eugene Solstice.