A new, free program from Mario O'Brien.
September 18, 2017 by Ultiworld in Sponsored with 0 comments
This article is sponsored by RISE UP Ultimate.
Coach Mario O’Brien (RISE UP, Seattle Sockeye, Team USA Beach, Seattle Cascades) is launching something new for ultimate leaders. It’s promising to be a game-changer in helping captains set themselves up for success. It’s going on now, and it’s free!
What’s the goal?
Simple. The goal is to empower you to spend more time actually doing the important things for your team and less time wondering what you should do and how to do it. Leading is always hard. It’s not about figuring out how to do less work, it’s about how we can do BETTER work. That’s what bootcamp is for.
Here’s what you get.
1. Organizational tools + grab’n-go resources, created by pro coaches.
We know you’re strapped for time and on the go. We’ve organized it for you so you can get out there and lead.
What do you get?
- Practice plans, season plans, and drills
- Exclusive access to experienced coaches
- Tips, tricks, and strategies to help your team improve
What will you learn?
- How to development team strategy
- How to recruit and retain players
- How to motivate players
- How to develop individual skills
- How to create team culture
- How to plan your season
Check out this season map!
2. A community of captains and coaches to learn from, ask, and collaborate with.
This might be the hidden gem: an exclusive collaborative space where we can all see the same things and discuss. It turns out we all ask ourselves the same questions…What should we do at practice? How do I teach that? How do I motivate players? Don’t reinvent the wheel: just ask and share.
3. The videos: practical, actionable, informative, bite-sized.
This wouldn’t be a RISE UP project without videos. The twist here is that everything is focused on building your leadership skills in addition to how to teach ultimate.
4. The coaches: their experience, their passion.
Leaders need coaches too.
RISE UP Head Coach • 2-time World Champion + Captain (Team USA Beach ’15, ’17) • Seattle Sockeye (’13 -’17) • 15 years coaching experience • M. Ed. Curriculum & Instruction
Team USA U20 Coaching Assistant (’16, ’18) • WUCC World Champion + Captain (Riot ’14) • Seattle Riot (’07 -’17) • 13 years coaching experience • M. Ed. Leadership & Coaching
College National Champion + Captain (UNC ’15) • World Champion (U23 Team USA ’15) • YCC Assistant Coach + Champion (Triangle Ultimate ’14) • 11 years coaching experience • M. Ed
5. It’s FREE, going on now, and ends soon.
Wait, what?! Yup. Tell your leaders! Why would you not? Before it closes!
Captain and Coach Bootcamp runs for 3 weeks, starting today and wrapping up Friday, October 6. Click here to sign up.