Catching up on the AUDL hot stove!
January 30, 2019 by Charlie Eisenhood in News with 0 comments
Throughout the offseason, we will periodically publish a recap of the latest news from the American Ultimate Disc League. This will serve as a supplement to our standard news reporting and will offer a high-level look at the latest happenings.
- The New York Empire have made a flurry of eye-popping moves, including signing former Flamethrower Grant Lindsley and former Flyer Jack Williams. They also announced that Bryan Jones, fresh off coaching PoNY to a USAU club title, will be the head coach in 2019 with David Blau as an assistant coach.
- 2x AUDL MVP Jonathan Helton will suit up for the San Diego Growlers this season after moving to southern California early last year.
- The Austin Sol already announced their 2019 roster and selected Steven Darroh, who won a championship with the Dallas Roughnecks in 2016, as the new head coach.
- Antoine Davis and Marcelo Sanchez are going back across the Bay to the San Jose Spiders with the Flamethrowers not returning to the league.
- Minnesota Wind Chill GM Ben Feldman will add ‘head coach’ to his resume, while Evan Klane Nothmann will join as an assistant coach. The team also has a new stadium.
- Luke Phelan and David Janssen will take over coaching duties for the Ottawa Outlaws.
- A new, smaller capacity stadium closer to the city will play host to all six home games for the Chicago Wildfire.
- The Philadelphia Phoenix re-signed three key players: Sean Mott, Himalaya Mehta, and Ethan Peck.
- The Seattle Cascades have made a flurry of roster announcements on the team’s Twitter.
- Tryout season is in full swing and player signing announcements should be frequent over the coming weeks.