New service aims to streamline team ordering process.
November 16, 2016 by Ultiworld in Sponsored with 0 comments
This post is sponsored by Savage Ultimate.
Every team captain knows the frustration that comes with ordering uniforms. There’s the matter of coordinating a few dozen players’ sizes, names, and numbers. And then there’s the challenge of collecting money, managing the ordering process, and finally distributing the jerseys. By the time the jerseys are delivered, many captains feel ready to pull their hair out.
As the owner of Savage Apparel Co., Todd Curran deals with team captains on a daily basis, so he understands these challenges well—and he decided to do something about it. After several months in development, the company launched the Savage Team Marketplace in October.
“The idea of the Team Marketplace is to give all team members power over the ordering process,” Curran says. “We think it has the potential to revolutionize the way players and fans outfit themselves.”
Teams can access the free Marketplace tool by signing up on the Savage website. It allows teams to create a personalized shop stocked with uniforms, team apparel, and discs. Thanks to a partnership with Discraft, Savage can offer disc orders with no minimums.
The Marketplace also gives teams a chance to promote their gear to friends, family, and alumni by sharing their shop. Teams will receive a portion of proceeds (15 percent) from fan sales, resulting in a key fundraising opportunity. This means that even if you’ve already ordered your uniforms for the year, the Marketplace can benefit your team.
Roger Williams University’s Ultimate team, Rhody Fresh, was one of the first to set up a Marketplace account. Team captain Matt Stearns confirmed that the store was a success with players.
“Everyone loved the store!” he says. “It was very efficient and looked great. We can’t wait to get the gear and get it distributed.”
Interested in creating a store for your own team? Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for a Team Marketplace account on the Savage website.
- Savage will assign a Team Marketplace specialist to help you create your store.
- Teams may either provide print-ready artwork or work with the Savage art department to create team gear for the store. As always, up to three hours of design services are free.
- Once all products are approved by the team, your custom Team Marketplace store will be officially opened. Teams will be provided with a link to share with players and fans. Savage will promote your store to its 15,000+ social media followers.
- For up to two weeks, players and fans can visit the Team Marketplace and purchase customizable team and fan gear, with no minimum purchase required.
- Once the store has closed, Savage will process all orders into production.
- Team orders will be delivered within standard delivery times (4-6 weeks), while fan gear will be shipped one week later.
While other companies offer similar opportunities to their customers, Curran emphasizes that Savage requires no minimum orders for teams. This allows for a larger catalog ranging from jerseys and shorts to team-branded hoodies, hats, T-shirts, jackets, and even discs. Shoppers can purchase as little as one item or order the entire catalog.
“We’re really excited to help give teams the opportunity to expand their reach beyond their players,” Curran says. “It’s a great way to help teams make money, but more than that, we’re hoping it will build a sense of community between teams and their fans.”
Teams that sign up for the Savage Team Marketplace now can receive 15 percent or more off of their orders. Find out more at savageultimate.com.