April 26, 2017 by Charlie Eisenhood in Rankings with 38 comments
Next week’s rankings will be used to determine the final invitations to the 2017 High School National Invite!
If you have additional information about tournaments or team strength that you would like to be considered for the High School Power Rankings, please email email@example.com.
Teams, if you would like to add logos and team information to your Team Pages, follow these instructions!
Without further ado, here are the Top 25 teams in the Boys’ and Girls’ High School Divisions!
High School Boys Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Franklin (WA) (21), Milford (OH) (23)|
|1||Center Grove Ultimate (IN)||+3||4|
|2||Carolina Friends (NC)||-1||1|
|5||Lone Peak (UT)||+5||10|
|6||East Chapel Hill (NC)||-1||5|
|11||Edina High School (MN)||-||11|
|14||Neuqua Valley (IL)||+5||19|
|15||Holy Family Catholic (OH)||-9||6|
|16||South Eugene (OR)||-2||14|
|20||Iowa City West (IA)||-|
|21||Pine Richland (PA)||+3||24|
|23||Nathan Hale / Waldorf (WA)||-5||18|
|24||De Smet (MO)||-4||20|
- Center Grove dominated at the Neuqua Knockout and remains undefeated on the season. With a deep roster, an excellent top seven, and a strong defense, they move to #1 this week.
- Lone Peak looked strong on their Georgia trip and moves up a few notches.
- CFS and Amherst split their games at the Paideia Cup, but CFS came out on top in the final.
- Marcus fell 10 slots, but in many ways that just shows how strong the top 25 teams in high school are this year. Marcus looked impressive and was one point away from beating Holy Family Catholic and reaching the semifinal at Neuqua Knockout.
- Iowa City is back in the rankings after a good performance at NK.
- Fishers has a case for being higher than #19 after beating Neuqua Valley, but their earlier results this season hold them back.
High School Girls Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Bush (WA) (22)|
|1||Lone Peak (UT)||+2||3|
|4||Holy Family Catholic (OH)||+5||9|
|5||High Country Homeschoolers (NC)||+8||13|
|7||Carolina Friends (NC)||+10||17|
|8||HB Woodlawn (VA)||+13||21|
|10||East Chapel Hill (NC)||+15||25|
|13||Nathan Hale (WA)||-7||6|
|16||BFA Fairfax (VT)||-6||10|
|20||Crescent Valley (OR)||-6||14|
|21||South Eugene (OR)||-5||16|
|22||Great River (MN)||-2||20|
|23||Watchung Hills (NJ)||-4||19|
|24||Neuqua Valley (IL)||-6||18|
|25||North Allegheny (PA)||-1||24|
- Lone Peak looked phenomenal at Paideia Cup, going 5-0 and jumping to #1 in the rankings.
- Lakeside may have been missing some critical players at Pi Cup, but their 0-5 performance has to move them down.
- HB Woodlawn’s strong play at Pi Cup sends them — and many other East Coast teams connected to them — flying up the rankings.
- Marcus was tremendous in their win at the Neuqua Knockout, coming away with a narrow win over Holy Family Catholic in semis and then dominating Rush in the final. They debut at #3 in the rankings!