March 20, 2018 by Charlie Eisenhood in News with 0 comments
Throughout 2018, we will periodically publish a recap of the latest news from the American Ultimate Disc League. This will serve as a supplement to our standard news reporting and will offer a high-level look at the latest happenings.
- The AUDL announced their Game of the Week schedule, featuring 16 games to be streamed online by Stadium and broadcast over the air on channels around the country. Highlights include a 2017 Championship game rematch between San Francisco and Toronto in Week 4 and a showdown between the top Midwest and South teams, Madison and Raleigh, in Week 9.
- The full 2018 game schedule is also out, including eight interdivisional games.
- Beau Kittredge and Marques Brownlee are set to compete with the New York Empire this season.
- More teams are adding female players to their rosters: the Empire signed Lauren Doyle and the Radicals signed Robyn Wiseman.
- Speaking of the Radicals, their full roster is up, including 27 returning players from past season, including Scott Richgels.
- The Minnesota Wind Chill will host the Radicals directly following the Minnesota United MLS game against the Vancouver Whitecaps in TCF Bank Stadium on May 5th.
- The Nashville Nightshade (the women’s affiliate of the Nightwatch) announced their inaugural roster.
- Rivalry Alert! 2017 All-Defense Team selection Mischa Freystaetter is leaving the Cannons and suiting up for the Flyers this season.
- The Toronto Rush are bringing back the large majority of their 2017 core that carried them to a finals appearance. Most notable: Mark Lloyd is back after considering retirement from the AUDL at the end of last season.
- The Raleigh Flyers just announced an affiliated women’s team, the Raleigh Radiance. Two games against the Nashville Nightwatch are already scheduled.