Never tell me the odds.
November 19, 2021 by Charlie Eisenhood in Opinion with 0 comments
The Mailbag is now for subscribers only. That’s going to do a few things: it will keep me committed to writing it every week. It will reward subscribers with a weekly column they can count on. And it will allow us to offer a free one-month Mini subscription for the best email or comment we get and publish in the Mailbag. If you’re already a subscriber, you get a free extra month (or a discount). If you’re not, you can come in and check out the benefits.
You can email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, comments, ideas — whatever you’ve got.
Q: What chances would you give the following of making the USA World Games roster as of right now?
1) John Randolph (in my opinion a first team All-Club player this year but has anyone so young ever made a team like this? He’s at about 20% for me)
2) Anna Thompson (basically can copy paste the above. I think her chances are even lower given how stacked the women’s field is. I’d say 15%)
3) Sandy Jorgensen (such a unique talent but could she be aging out or not want to play? 20%)
4) Any of the Stubbs siblings (10%)
5) Any player that played club mixed in 2021 (surprisingly low, I’d say 40%)
6) Any player that played club outside SF, NYC, or SEA in 2021 (45%)
– Greg S.
Mailbag: USA World Games Roster Odds is only available to Ultiworld Subscribers
Already have a subscription? Log in
Whether you visit Ultiworld for our reporting, our podcasts, or our video coverage, you can help us continue to provide high quality content with a subscription. By becoming a subscriber, not only do you receive benefits like exclusive articles and full article RSS feeds, you also help fund all of Ultiworld's coverage in general. We appreciate your support!