Da na na! Da na na!
April 18, 2022 by Keith Raynor in News with 0 comments
Opening Pull is Ultiworld’s weekly wrap-up of the previous week in ultimate, available both here on the site and as an email newsletter. We’ve gathered the news you need to know and highlights you need to see. Check back weekly or subscribe now to receive Opening Pull in your inbox along with a rundown of the previous week’s content on Ultiworld.
Erynn Schroeder Makes SportsCenter Top 10
The Milwaukee Monarchs traveled to Colombia to take on Medellín Revolution in Revo’s lone home game during the 2022 Premier Ultimate League season. Revolution got the win, 18-10, but it was Milwaukee’s Erynn Schroeder that made the play of the game, a snag so good that it made it onto the SportsCenter Top 10:
You’ll have to decide if that catch trumps this one from the first PUL game ever in 2019 when she played with the Atlanta Soul:
Conferences Results Are Rolling In
We’re through two weekends of College Conferences – we’ve got all the results and Regionals (and Nationals) qualifiers for you in one handy article.
Some notable results from this weekend:
- #14 Vermont upset #6 UMass 12-9 in Greater New England men’s semifinals
- #17 Tufts topped #12 Northeastern to win Metro Boston men’s
- #7 Washington got a key win over #5 UBC at Cascadia women’s to win the Conference
- D-III Women’s Nationals Qualifiers: #2 Carleton, #4 Portland, #10 St. Olaf, #17 Occidental, and Lewis & Clark
- D-III Men’s Nationals Qualifiers: Pacific Lutheran
USA U20 National Team Announced
USA Ultimate announced the 48 players that will represent the United States at the 2022 World Junior Ultimate Championships in Poland this August.
The USA will be defending gold medals in both divisions after winning the tournament in 2018. The 2020 event was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The final big weekend of College Conferences is this coming weekend, after which we should know which regions will get size bids to Nationals.
- The Utah Wild are hosting a four-game WUL weekend in Salt Lake City. Games will be streamed live on the WUL YouTube channel.