The season is taking shape.
March 30, 2017 by Charlie Eisenhood in Rankings with 11 comments
The rankings will eventually be used to determine the initial invitations to the 2017 High School National Invite; currently, we plan to use the rankings published the week of May 1st as the final rankings before bids are sent out (subject to change).
If you have additional information about tournaments or team strength that you would like to be considered for the High School Power Rankings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also offering rolling bids to the National Invite for teams that have clearly proven to belong solidly above rank 16 and would benefit from additional travel planning time. For more information, email us.
Teams, if you would like to add logos and team information to your Team Pages, follow these instructions!
Without further ado, here are the Top 25 teams in the Boys’ and Girls’ High School Divisions!
High School Boys Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Columbia (NJ) (19), Berkeley High Coup (CA) (21), Paideia (GA) (23)|
|1||Carolina Friends (NC)||-||1|
|4||Center Grove Ultimate (IN)||-||4|
|5||East Chapel Hill (NC)||-||5|
|6||Holy Family Catholic (OH)||-||6|
|8||Edina High School (MN)||-||8|
|9||South Eugene (OR)||-||9|
|15||De Smet (MO)||+1||16|
|18||Nathan Hale (WA)||-1||17|
|20||Neuqua Valley (IL)||-||20|
|22||Pine Richland (PA)||-|
|24||Iowa City West (IA)||+1||25|
- Carolina Friends remains at #1 after a strong performance at the YULA Invite.
- Catholic jumps up three spots after defeating #14 Grady and Paideia en route to a resounding Terminus victory.
- Yorktown is this week’s biggest mover, jumping eight spots thanks to their third place finish at YULA with wins over Westfield and Pine Richland.
- Pine Richland and Lexington join the top 25 after nice weekends at YULA; Lakeside (GA) is in as well after a 5-1 weekend at Terminus with their only loss coming to Grady.
High School Girls Power Rankings:
|3||Lone Peak (UT)||-||3|
|7||Holy Family Catholic (OH)||-||7|
|9||Nathan Hale (WA)||-||9|
|10||BFA Fairfax (VT)||-||10|
|13||High Country Homeschoolers (NC)||-||13|
|14||South Eugene (OR)||-||14|
|15||Crescent Valley (OR)||-||15|
|16||Carolina Friends (NC)||+8||24|
|17||Neuqua Valley (IL)||+1||18|
|18||HB Woodlawn (VA)||-2||16|
|19||Watchung Hills (NJ)||-||19|
|23||Great River (MN)||-1||22|
|25||East Chapel Hill (NC)||-||25|
- Paideia dominated at Terminus, but sits tight at #6 with no real challenges at the tournament.
- The Carolina Friends/Carrboro combo team flies up the board after winning the YULA Invite over HB Woodlawn.
- Y-Lee and Watchung Hills were both solid at YULA and stay in the top 20.