Some new boys' teams enter the Top 25!
April 13, 2017 by Charlie Eisenhood in Rankings with 0 comments
This is the fifth edition of the 2017 High School Power Rankings, presented by Spin Ultimate! The rankings can be permanently found on our Youth Rankings page.
The rankings will eventually be used to determine the initial invitations to the 2017 High School National Invite; currently, we plan to use the rankings published the week of May 1st as the final rankings before bids are sent out (subject to change).
If you have additional information about tournaments or team strength that you would like to be considered for the High School Power Rankings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also offering rolling bids to the National Invite for teams that have clearly proven to belong solidly above rank 16 and would benefit from additional travel planning time. For more information, email us.
Teams, if you would like to add logos and team information to your Team Pages, follow these instructions!
Without further ado, here are the Top 25 teams in the Boys’ and Girls’ High School Divisions!
High School Boys Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Lexington (MA) (23), Iowa City West (IA) (24), Lakeside (GA) (25)|
|1||Carolina Friends (NC)||-||1|
|4||Center Grove (IN)||-||4|
|5||East Chapel Hill (NC)||-||5|
|6||Holy Family Catholic (OH)||-||6|
|10||Lone Peak (UT)||-|
|14||South Eugene (OR)||-6||8|
|18||Nathan Hale / Waldorf (WA)||-||18|
|19||Neuqua Valley (IL)||+1||20|
|20||De Smet (MO)||-5||15|
|24||Pine Richland (PA)||-2||22|
- Center Grove went undefeated at the Indy Invite and looked good doing it.
- Neuqua Valley took half on Center Grove but couldn’t hang on late during pool play. They played better this weekend and could move up more with better consistency.
- Lone Peak crushed the competition–including South Eugene–at a one day tournament in Oregon.
- Masconomet blew away Lexington this week and stole their spot in the Top 25.
High School Girls Power Rankings:
|3||Lone Peak (UT)||-||3|
|6||Nathan Hale (WA)||-||6|
|9||Holy Family Catholic (OH)||-||9|
|10||BFA Fairfax (VT)||-||10|
|13||High Country Homeschoolers (NC)||-||13|
|14||Crescent Valley (OR)||-||14|
|16||South Eugene (OR)||-||16|
|17||Carolina Friends (NC)||-||17|
|18||Neuqua Valley (IL)||-||18|
|19||Watchung Hills (NJ)||-||19|
|20||Great River (MN)||-||20|
|21||HB Woodlawn (VA)||-||21|
|24||North Allegheny (PA)||-||24|
|25||East Chapel Hill (NC)||-||25|
- There were no surprises in the Girls’ Division this weekend: Holy Family Catholic easily defeated all comers, including Neuqua Valley, at the Indy Invite.