June 9, 2017 by Charlie Eisenhood in Rankings with 4 comments
If you have additional information about tournaments or team strength that you would like to be considered for the High School Power Rankings, please email email@example.com.
Teams, if you would like to add logos and team information to your Team Pages, follow these instructions.
Without further ado, here are the Top 25 teams in the Boys’ and Girls’ High School Divisions!
High School Boys' Division Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Paideia (GA) (25)|
|4||Carolina Friends (NC)||-||4|
|5||Sky View (UT)||-||5|
|7||Center Grove (IN)||-6||1|
|10||Lone Peak (UT)||-2||8|
|11||Edina High School (MN)||+2||13|
|13||Holy Family Catholic (OH)||+11||24|
|16||Neuqua Valley (IL)||-||16|
|18||South Eugene (OR)||-9||9|
|19||Iowa City West (IA)||+1||20|
|21||Chapel Hill High School (CHUF)||-7||14|
|23||East Chapel Hill (NC)||-6||17|
|24||Pine Richland (PA)||-2||22|
|25||Nathan Hale (WA)||-|
- Catholic (LA) takes over the #1 spot in the final HS Power Rankings after winning the High School National Invite over #2 Lakeside!
- The top four teams are all extremely strong and close to one another in skill. Grady has wins and losses to both CFS and Catholic. Lakeside’s only loss of the year came to Catholic in the HSNI final after a grueling weekend and few healthy bodies left. CFS topped Catholic last month, but lost to Grady in the final of the South Regional.
- Could we see #5 Sky View get outside of Utah more next season? They smashed Lone Peak, who played well on their forays to major regular season tournaments, at Utah States.
- Mason (OH) flies up the Top 25 after an outstanding HSNI performance. They were one of the best teams at the tournament and really pushed Catholic in semis.
- Edina won the Minnesota State Championship last night to finish ahead of Hopkins for another season.
High School Girls' Division Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Lower Merion (PA) (25)|
|1||Lone Peak (UT)||-||1|
|3||High Country Homeschoolers (NC)||-||3|
|6||HB Woodlawn (VA)||-||6|
|11||Holy Family Catholic (OH)||-||11|
|15||Great River (MN)||-||15|
|16||Nathan Hale (WA)||-||16|
|17||East Chapel Hill (NC)||-||17|
|18||Green Hope (NC)||-||18|
|19||Mount Notre Dame (OH)||-||19|
|21||Four Rivers (MA)||-||21|
|22||Watchung Hills (NJ)||-||22|
|23||Crescent Valley (OR)||-||23|
|24||Neuqua Valley (IL)||-|
|25||Madison West (WI)||-1||24|
- Results at the HSNI largely matched expectations and the Power Rankings.
- Berkeley moves up four spots to #10 after a strong showing at the National Invite.
- Neuqua Valley got a huge win over Holy Family Catholic in quarters and moved back into the Top 25.
- Lone Peak finishes the season ranked #1 after their terrific performance at the Paideia Cup earlier this season.