Fortunes already rising and falling.
April 12, 2018 by Charlie Eisenhood in Rankings with 0 comments
After two weeks of competition in the AUDL, there have already been plenty of surprises and upsets. Montreal snapped DC’s almost two-year long home win streak. Dallas shocked top-ranked Raleigh on the road. A Seattle team with a lot of new faces denied Minnesota a cross-divisional road win.
Here’s a look at the latest Power Rankings around the league.
The AUDL Rankings can always be found at their permanent home.
Overall Power Rankings:
|6||Los Angeles Aviators||+6||12|
|8||San Jose Spiders||-||8|
|9||SF Flame Throwers||+4||13|
|12||Minnesota Wind Chill||-6||6|
|14||New York Empire||-3||11|
|16||Tampa Bay Cannons||-2||14|
|17||San Diego Growlers||-2||15|
- Los Angeles looked convincing at home in a 30-17 victory over San Diego, and they climb six spots to #6. Even noting their place as the favorite, they thoroughly stomped the Growlers and could be the team to beat in the West this season.
- Did we underestimate Seattle? Early returns say yes as they got a surprising win over Minnesota and leapt up eight slots to #11.
- Atlanta moves back in front of Tampa Bay after a 17-15 road win in Florida to kick off their season.
- Pittsburgh’s narrow win over Detroit slides them to their lowest ranking in team history.
- Many teams will take the field for the first time this weekend. Notable games: Toronto v. New York and Los Angeles on a Texas Two Step against Austin and Dallas in interdivisional play.