April 27, 2018 by Charlie Eisenhood in Rankings with 0 comments
The rankings will continue to be updated during the course of the spring. The rankings will eventually be used to determine invitations to the 2018 High School National Invite; currently, we plan to use the rankings published the week of May 7th as the final rankings before final bids are sent out (many bids have been and will be sent out on a rolling basis).
If you have additional information about tournaments or team strength that you would like to be considered for the High School Power Rankings, please email email@example.com.
Teams, if you would like to add logos and team information to your Team Pages, follow these instructions!
Without further ado, here are the Top 25 teams in the Boys’ and Girls’ High School Divisions!
High School Boys Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Hopkins (MN) (13), Green Canyon (UT) (23)|
|1||Nathan Hale / Waldorf (WA)||-||1|
|4||Lone Peak (UT)||-||4|
|6||Center Grove Ultimate (IN)||+4||10|
|7||Neuqua Valley (IL)||+2||9|
|10||Carolina Friends (NC)||-4||6|
|12||Edina High School (MN)||+2||14|
|13||Great River (MN)||+7||20|
|14||Lexington Homeschoolers (KY)||-7||7|
|15||HB Woodlawn (VA)||-3||12|
|16||STEM Academy (TN)||-1||15|
- Whoa, Jordan! The surprise North Carolina upstart shocked Carolina Friends to claim the NC state title this past weekend, and they fly up the rankings as a result.
- Great River looked like the real deal at Neuqua Knockout, surging up seven spots after getting a win over Kentucky Pi.
- Center Grove’s Neuqua Knockout win edged them higher in the top 10.
- Paideia’s solid performance at NK — including a win over the host team — nudges them into the top 25.
- Pennsbury made the final at Born To Dive (lost to Westfield) and snags the final spot in the rankings.
High School Girls Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Great River (MN) (14), Hopkins (MN) (25)|
|2||Nathan Hale (WA)||+2||4|
|3||Lone Peak (UT)||-2||1|
|6||High Country Homeschoolers (NC)||+3||9|
|7||East Chapel Hill (NC)||+4||11|
|8||Chapel Hill (NC)||-6||2|
|9||HB Woodlawn (VA)||-6||3|
|11||Holy Family Catholic (OH)||-1||10|
|13||Neuqua Valley (IL)||+9||22|
|14||Four Rivers (MA)||-2||12|
|17||Carolina Friends (NC)||-||17|
|19||Green Hope (NC)||-||19|
|22||Fox Chapel (PA)||-|
|25||Edina High School (MN)||-1||24|
- Roosevelt’s dominant performance at Neuqua Knockout — despite playing some games while missing some star players — shows not only how good they are but how good the Seattle youth scene is. Seattle teams moved up across the board.
- High Country Homeschoolers took down the North Carolina crown, but the competition between them, East Chapel Hill, and Chapel Hill was fierce.
- HB Woodlawn dips a bit after taking a big loss to Roosevelt in the final.
- Neuqua Valley is the week’s biggest mover after a strong weekend at their home tournament.
- Welcome Durham and Fox Chapel to the top 25!