The final rankings this season!
June 13, 2019 by Charlie Eisenhood in Rankings with 0 comments
Ultiworld’s High School Power Rankings are presented by CUT Camps; all opinions are those of the author. Please support the brands that make Ultiworld possible and check out CUT Camps!
Welcome to the ninth and final edition of the 2019 High School Power Rankings! The rankings can be permanently found on our Youth Rankings page.
The 2019 High School National Invite is all wrapped up and champions have been crowned! The tournament, as always, allows for much better connectivity between regions.
If you have additional information about tournaments or team strength that you would like to be considered for the High School Power Rankings, please email [email protected].
Teams, if you would like to add logos and team information to your Team Pages, follow these instructions!
Without further ado, here are the Top 25 teams in the Boys’ and Girls’ High School Divisions!
High School Boys Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Lexington Homeschoolers (KY) (20), Catholic (LA) (25)|
|5||Lone Peak (UT)||-1||4|
|7||Madison West (WI)||+10||17|
|9||Neuqua Valley (IL)||+7||16|
|12||Nathan Hale (WA)||-1||11|
|13||Seattle Waldorf (WA)||+2||15|
|14||Durham Academy (NC)||-||14|
|16||Carolina Friends (NC)||-6||10|
|18||Mounds View (MN)||-||18|
|20||South Eugene (OR)||+3||23|
|21||Four Rivers (MA)||-||21|
|23||Holy Family Catholic (OH)||+1||24|
- A championship HSNI performance from Berkeley rockets them into the #2 spot in the Power Rankings, bringing Gunn, who beat them in the California State championship game, along with them.
- Madison West and Neuqua Valley were also big winners, as they showed off the strength of the Midwest with strong showings at HSNI.
- Ingraham’s 0-3 start to the tournament sent them sliding down to #24.
- Welcome Yorktown back to the top 25 after they defeated Washington-Lee in semis of Virginia States!
High School Girls Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Armstrong (MN) (24)|
|2||Lone Peak (UT)||-||2|
|3||Holy Family Catholic (OH)||-||3|
|4||South Eugene (OR)||+3||7|
|7||Chapel Hill (NC)||-1||6|
|8||High Country Homeschoolers (NC)||-||8|
|10||Four Rivers (MA)||+6||16|
|11||Newton North (MA)||+7||18|
|12||Neuqua Valley (IL)||+7||19|
|20||Mount Notre Dame (OH)||-3||17|
|22||University School of Nashville (TN)||-||22|
|25||Holy Names (WA)||-||25|
- Roosevelt and Lone Peak clearly proved the worthiness of their #1 and #2 rankings with dominant performances at HSNI. Franklin and South Eugene, who played tough in the Northwest, move up as a result of Roosevelt’s superb play.
- Knoxville fell back nine spots after taking some losses at HSNI.
- It was a big upward move for the Northeast teams after Newton North played great at HSNI.
- Haverford’s crushing performance at Pennsylvania States gets them into the back end of the top 25.