Week 12 had some clear favorites, but it might not be as obvious this week.
July 22, 2022 by Keith Raynor in Fantasy with 0 comments
The 2022 AUDL season is upon us. The league has, perhaps quietly, become the leading source of data on ultimate. This has enabled not only further statistical analysis, but also given us an opportunity for new types of fun. This season, our AUDL fantasy game is taking a novel direction, copying the popular format of daily fantasy sports. DraftKings is again offering lines in their sportsbook,1 and the daily fantasy model that made them a household name should make for a lot of AUDL entertainment.
We’ll assign players salary based primarily on performance, and give you a budget, and you can pick a team for the weekend within that budget. And that’s it! It is free to enter, and we’ll be awarding prizes every week, as well as a season-long prize for players who can put up good scores over multiple weeks.
For another week, we are beta testing a new fantasy platform! If you’d like to help us, please click here. Comment on this post to provide any site feedback you have.
Week 12 Recap
- Keegan Miller: 150.99
- Fletcher Jonas: 143.09
- Max Charles: 141.66
Our top two both were on the podium this week, with back to back bronzes for Max Charles, his fifth of the year. That ties for the lead with the Week 12 winner, Keegan Miller. It was also a second podium appearance for Fletcher Jonas.
This time around, the top three lineups coalesced around a lot of the same names. Pawel Janas, Rowan McDonnell, the Rush combo of Luc Comire and James Lewis, Ryan Poloz, Jordan Rhyne, Victor Luo and Jonathan Nethercutt all appeared in multiple of the top three lineups, with only Comire being selected by all three. Lewis, McDonnell, Comire, and Nethercutt were popular with the field at large, all at over 20% roster rate, with Nethercutt cresting 50% for the top spot along with Jordan Kerr.
Each weekly winner will receive $15 in credit with VII Apparel, so they can get some awesome AUDL gear or other cool products.
Every top three weekly finish will earn an entry into an end of season drawing to get an Ultiworld Greatest Bag.
The season long winner will receive a home and away VII jersey of their favorite AUDL team! We will determine this total by combining the seven highest scores of each entrant, so if you miss a few weekends, that’s okay. But the more you play, the better chance you have of putting up the best score.
Components of these rules (such as budget) may be adjusted between scoring periods in order to facilitate the healthiest game environment.
- Entrants will roster nine players, and their top seven scorers will count towards their total for the scoring period.
- Each player has a salary, and each entrant has $100 to spend on their nine-person roster for the scoring period. You do not need to spend the entire budget, but you cannot exceed the $100. Salaries will be displayed in a weekly spreadsheet.
- If a player plays in multiple games during a scoring period, their highest single-game score will be counted. Players are priced with consideration for this.
- One entry per person; Ultiworld reserves the right to deny prizing for any reason.
- Entries must be received prior to the start of the first game of the scoring period.
These numbers may be adjusted in order to facilitate the healthiest game environment.
- 1 pt per Goal
- 1 pt per Assist
- 1 pt per 33 Throwing Yards
- 1 pt per 50 Receiving Yards
- 4 pts per Block
- -3 pts per Turnover
In specific states. ↩