Past Articles from Katherine Rowe
Katherine Rowe teaches media history at Bryn Mawr College and coaches the Lower Merion, PA High School girls Ultimate team, the 2009 and 2010 state champions. She began her Ultimate career at Carleton College, in 1982, where she co-founded the first intercollegiate women’s team. She played internationally with Smithereens (Boston) in the late 80s, capturing finalist titles at the World Games (1989) and at women’s club nationals. She helped found BUDA and has played in PADA since moving to the Philly area more than a decade ago. She has a longstanding interest in fostering the growth of young athletes.
Other Popular Topics
What does learning to throw a disc mean to a girl or woman who takes up Ultimate?
Nov 20, 2012 by Katherine Rowe in Analysis with 21 comments
It’s been two months since a friend invited you to your first pickup game and you caught Ultimate fever.
Oct 5, 2012 by Katherine Rowe in Analysis, Opinion with 9 comments
- Deep Look: Worlds Rescheduled, AUDL Season Potential, Callahan Chatter
- Mailbag: Playing with Masks, Team Callahan Winners v. Team Runner-Ups, NFL/USWNT Redux
- Sin The Fields: Missing Nationals, Summer Madness, Live Stream Revisited
- From Ultimate to Disc Golf: A League of Your Own [Pt. 5]
- 7500 Club: Tournament Morning Playlist Draft