May 18, 2019 by Charlie Eisenhood in Rankings with 0 comments
Ultiworld’s High School Power Rankings are presented by CUT Camps; all opinions are those of the author. Please support the brands that make Ultiworld possible and check out CUT Camps!
Welcome to the seventh edition of the 2019 High School Power Rankings! The rankings can be permanently found on our Youth Rankings page.
Some late season tournaments and state championships are continuing to shake up the rankings.
The majority of bids to the 2019 High School National Invite have been sent out: the Boys’ Division is full and the Girls’ Division is still pending some decisions (and possibly a couple more bids).
If you have additional information about tournaments or team strength that you would like to be considered for the High School Power Rankings, please email email@example.com.
Teams, if you would like to add logos and team information to your Team Pages, follow these instructions!
Without further ado, here are the Top 25 teams in the Boys’ and Girls’ High School Divisions!
High School Boys Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: El Cerrito (CA) (25)|
|4||Lone Peak (UT)||-||4|
|7||Edina High School (MN)||-||7|
|10||Carolina Friends (NC)||-||10|
|11||Nathan Hale (WA)||-||11|
|13||Berkeley High Coup (CA)||-||13|
|14||Durham Academy (NC)||+5||19|
|15||Seattle Waldorf (WA)||-1||14|
|16||Neuqua Valley (IL)||-1||15|
|17||Madison West (WI)||+3||20|
|19||Lexington Homeschoolers (KY)||-3||16|
|21||Holy Family Catholic (OH)||-||21|
|25||Chapel Hill (NC)||-2||23|
- Amherst avenged their Paideia Cup loss to Columbia at their home tournament, 11-9.
- Carrboro won the North Carolina state championship, beating long-time powerhouse Carolina Friends School.
- Hopkins has been hampered by injuries since their great run at Paideia Cup and has lost some surprising league games and finished third at Hopkins Hustle behind Edina and Madison West.
- Lexington is back in the rankings after a strong showing at Amherst.
High School Girls Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Seattle Academy of Arts & Sciences (WA) (18), Nathan Hale (WA) (22), Grady (GA) (24), Hopkins (MN) (25)|
|2||Lone Peak (UT)||-||2|
|3||Holy Family Catholic (OH)||-||3|
|6||Chapel Hill (NC)||-||6|
|7||South Eugene (OR)||-|
|8||High Country Homeschoolers (NC)||-1||7|
|16||Four Rivers (MA)||-1||15|
|17||Mount Notre Dame (OH)||+3||20|
|18||Newton North (MA)||-9||9|
|19||Neuqua Valley (IL)||-3||16|
|20||Edina High School (MN)||-3||17|
|22||University School of Nashville (TN)||-11||11|
|24||Watchung Hills (NJ)||-1||23|
- South Eugene was tremendous at Seattle Invite, landing a win over Franklin and losing close to #1 Roosevelt.
- Garfield and Ballard have moved up the charts in the Seattle scene.
- Newton North took losses to Amherst and Four Rivers at Amherst Invite and fell nine spots.
- Independence got a 9-7 win over USN at the Tennessee State Championships.
- Armstrong has played very well in Minnesota, including beating Eagan to take the Hopkins Hustle crown.