April 14, 2022 by Charlie Eisenhood in Rankings with 0 comments
Welcome to the third edition of the 2022 High School Power Rankings! State-based play has begun in earnest around the country, and some smaller tournaments have dotted the landscape. The rankings can be permanently found on our Youth Rankings page.
The rankings will eventually be used to determine invitations to the 2022 High School National Invite; currently, we plan to use the rankings published the week of May 16th as the final rankings before final bids are sent out (many bids will be sent out on a rolling basis).
If you have additional information about tournaments or team strength that you would like to be considered for the High School Power Rankings, please email HSNI@ultiworld.com.
Teams, if you would like to add logos and team information to your Team Pages, follow these instructions!
Without further ado, here are the Top 25 teams in the Boys’ and Girls’ High School Divisions!
High School Boys Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: St. Louis Park (MN) (23), Montclair (NJ) (24), Mounds View (MN) (25)|
|1||Nathan Hale / Waldorf (WA)||-||1|
|4||Lone Peak (UT)||-||4|
|5||Edina High School (MN)||-||5|
|7||South Eugene (OR)||+1||8|
|8||Eastside Prep (WA)||+3||11|
|9||Center Grove Ultimate (IN)||-2||7|
|10||Carolina Friends (NC)||-1||9|
|16||Four Rivers (MA)||-||16|
|17||Lexington Homeschoolers (KY)||-|
|18||River’s Edge Christian Academy (TN)||+3||21|
|20||HB Woodlawn (VA)||-3||17|
|21||Berkeley High Coup (CA)||-|
|22||Oakland Tech (CA)||-|
|25||Chapel Hill (NC)||-5||20|
- No changes at the top of the rankings. The top teams have either been inactive or taking care of business: #5 Edina has dominated their local state play, including a big win against #15 Hopkins.
- Center Grove falls to #9 after a very cold, windy, rainy tournament in which they went 1-3 with losses to #17 Lexington Pi, #18 RECA, and unranked Mason. Unusual results, including some upset wins from unranked West Jessamine over other teams in the field, along with strong past results from this season helps keep them from falling too far, but more losses could send them plummeting.
- Lexington Homeschoolers (AKA Pi) have been a stalwart high school program and emerge in the 2022 rankings after a good weekend in bad conditions. Their only losses this season have come to #9 Center Grove.
- #18 RECA moves up as they continue to flash some strong play, making their loss to #25 Chapel Hill look less and less relevant.
- Welcome to the Power Rankings, Berkeley and Oakland Tech! The two top Bay Area teams met in a hotly contested tournament final last week with Berkeley eking out a win in the hard cap. Berkeley is the defending HSNI champion from 2019.
High School Girls Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: HB Woodlawn (VA) (25)|
|1||South Eugene (OR)||-||1|
|2||Lone Peak (UT)||-||2|
|7||Four Rivers (MA)||-||7|
|8||Edina High School (MN)||-||8|
|10||Chapel Hill (NC)||-||10|
|11||Nathan Hale (WA)||-||11|
|16||Neuqua Valley (IL)||-1||15|
|18||Seattle Academy of Arts & Sciences (WA)||-1||17|
|23||West Windsor North (NJ)||-2||21|
- Not much action in the last two weeks in the Girls Division. But #13 Northwest debuts in the rankings after starting their Washington state season undefeated with wins over #18 SAAS, #20 Franklin, and #21 Cleveland.
- Radnor moves up to #22 after continuing their strong play in Pennsylvania. They got another win over unranked but just outside the top 25 team Lower Merion.