July 12, 2018 by Ultiworld in Rankings with 0 comments
Here are the latest Club Power Rankings, presented by the National Ultimate Training Camp! These rankings can always been found on our permanent rankings page.
Every week, we will post the Club Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
Club Men's Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: New Jersey Garden State Ultimate (23)|
|1||San Francisco Revolver||-||1|
|2||Raleigh Ring of Fire||-||2|
|3||Denver Johnny Bravo||+9||12|
|9||Michigan High Five||+5||14|
|12||New York PoNY||-5||7|
|15||Minneapolis Sub Zero||-4||11|
|16||Portland Rhino Slam!||-1||15|
|18||Washington DC Truck Stop||-9||9|
|19||Atlanta Chain Lightning||-1||18|
|20||Kansas City Prairie Fire||-||20|
|21||Vancouver Furious George||-||21|
|24||Winnipeg General Strike||-||24|
- As is often the case with limited early season results, lots of movement within the rankings this week. Both Denver Johnny Bravo and Pittsburgh Temper move way up into the Top 5 this week after they surprisingly met in the final at Pro Elite Challenge.
- Similarly, Michigan High Five and Madison Club move into the Top 10 after picking up impressive wins over Chicago Machine and Austin Doublewide respectively.
- Other big gainers on the weekend include Philadelphia Patrol and Oakland Guerrilla who earned some out-of-region wins this weekend that could end up be big factors in the bid picture as the season progresses.
- Austin Doublewide, New York PoNY, Minneapolis Sub Zero, SoCal Condors, and Washington DC Truck Stop all head in the opposite direction in the rankings table with underwhelming or downright disappointing results from their trip to Denver.
- Denver Inception gets rewarded for a convincing tournament win in San Diego, while Huntsville Freaks enter the rankings for the first time this season with a dominant tournament victory of their own. Their addition comes at the expense of a New Jersey Garden State squad which have yet to register their first sanctioned action of the year.
Club Mixed Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Cincinnati Steamboat (24), Boston League Of Shadows (25)|
|2||Washington DC Space Heater||-||2|
|6||Denver Love Tractor||+7||13|
|7||Fort Collins shame.||+7||14|
|8||Minneapolis Drag’n Thrust||-1||7|
|9||Boston Snake Country||-1||8|
|10||San Francisco Blackbird||-||10|
|12||Boston Wild Card||-3||9|
|15||San Francisco Mischief||-10||5|
|16||Los Angeles 7 Figures||+3||19|
|17||West Chester Loco||+3||20|
|18||Minneapolis No Touching||-2||16|
|19||Dallas Public Enemy||-8||11|
|21||New York XIST||-|
|22||Connecticut Metro North||-4||18|
|23||San Francisco Polar Bears||-2||21|
- While most of the top teams stayed home this weekend ahead of WUCC, the only action near the top of the rankings was seeing Denver Love Tractor and Fort Collins shame. enter the top 10. Their success also buoys the ranking of Boise Lochsa to an all time high, as they defeated both Colorado powerhouses earlier this season.
- San Francisco Mischief were clearly the biggest disappointment coming out of Pro Elite, as a loss to NOISE and tight matchups with several lower ranked squads sees them fall from #5 all the way to #15.
- Durham Toro also had a nice weekend in Denver, losing by one to the eventual champion hosts as well as picking up some nice out-of-region wins. Their success lends credence to West Chester Loco‘s position at #17, as the new Pennsylvania program already owns a win over Toro this season.
- Dallas Public Enemy may count themselves unlucky this past weekend; the final point of a game where they had already beaten Blackbird was the difference between finishing second and fourth in the pool, dropping them to consolation play and down to #19 in the rankings.
- It was a regrettable weekend for Pittsburgh Alloy — they managed only a single victory over Cincinnati Steamboat and fall eight spots this week. Steamboat ended the weekend winless and fall out of the rankings all together.
- With solid weekends at Pro Elite picking up victories over ranked teams, both Seattle Birdfruit and New York XIST earn their way into the Power Rankings for the first time in 2018.
Club Women's Power Rankings:
|1||San Francisco Fury||-||1|
|2||Boston Brute Squad||-||2|
|4||Denver Molly Brown||-1||3|
|6||Washington DC Scandal||+3||9|
|9||San Francisco Nightlock||-3||6|
|15||New York BENT||+4||19|
|19||San Diego Wildfire||-1||18|
|25||Kansas City Wicked||-||25|
- Raleigh Phoenix was the talk of the tournament in Denver; their surprise showing at Pro Elite sees them rocket into the top 10.
- Despite premature rumors of their demise, Washington DC Scandal reestablished themselves in the tier directly below the top four and now sit at a more familiar #6 in the rankings.
- It wasn’t a great weekend for the West Coast, as both San Francisco Nightlock and Vancouver Traffic dropped games they may not have expected to. Seattle Underground earned just a single victory in Denver, over a shorthanded Oakland LOL squad who failed to put up double digits in any game of a winless weekend. Those results combined could eventually see bids start leaking to the east.