Despite a relatively quiet weekend, there was plenty of movement in the top 25!
August 1, 2018 by Charlie Eisenhood in Rankings with 0 comments
Every week, we will post the Club Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
Club Men's Power Rankings:
|1||San Francisco Revolver||-||1|
|3||Raleigh Ring Of Fire||-||3|
|4||Denver Johnny Bravo||-||4|
|9||Michigan High Five||-||9|
|12||New York PoNY||-||12|
|14||Minneapolis Sub Zero||+1||15|
|15||Portland Rhino Slam||+1||16|
|16||Vancouver Furious George||+5||21|
|19||Washington DC Truck Stop||-1||18|
|20||Atlanta Chain Lightning||-1||19|
|21||Kansas City Prairie Fire||-1||20|
|25||Winnipeg General Strike||-||25|
- Oakland Guerrilla lost handily to Portland Rhino Slam, 13-8, in the semis of the Select Flight Invite, sending them down a few spots. It was their only loss on the weekend.
- Vancouver Furious George also lost only to Rhino, 15-14 in the SFI final. Their strong performance against a team that looked very solid at Pro-Elite Challenge sends them up five spots to #16. The Northwest could get interesting this year!
Club Mixed Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Atlanta Bucket (24), Pittsburgh Alloy (25)|
|2||Washington DC Space Heater||-||2|
|5||Boston Slow White||-||5|
|6||Denver Love Tractor||-||6|
|7||Fort Collins shame.||-||7|
|8||Minneapolis Drag’N Thrust||-||8|
|9||Boston Snake Country||-||9|
|10||Boston Wild Card||+1||11|
|11||West Chester Loco||+6||17|
|13||San Francisco Mischief||-1||12|
|14||San Francisco Blackbird||-1||13|
|16||Los Angeles 7 Figures||-2||14|
|17||San Francisco Polar Bears||+6||23|
|18||Minneapolis No Touching||-||18|
|19||Washington DC Rally||-|
|20||Dallas Public Enemy||-1||19|
|23||New York XIST||-2||21|
|24||Connecticut Metro North||-2||22|
|25||Boston League Of Shadows||-|
- San Francisco Polar Bears comfortably won SFI with 13-7, 13-11, and 13-7 wins over Lochsa, Birdfruit, and Rally, respectively, as they progressed through the bracket. Their upward move packs four Southwest mixed teams into a five-team span from #13 to #17. How many bids will the region end up with?
- West Chester Loco didn’t play this week, but there’s a bit of housekeeping in the rankings. The 15-0 team hasn’t really been tested much yet, but they have absolutely smashed solid Regionals competition and are the owners of a 15-12 win over Durham Toro, who went 5-2 at Pro-Elite in early July.
- Welcome to the top 25, Washington DC Rally and Boston League of Shadows! Rally got close wins over Lochsa, Birdfruit, and Bucket at SFI and only lost to Polar Bears on the weekend. It was quite the bounceback after an 0-4 showing at the AMP Invite (against admittedly very strong competition) in June. League of Shadows has been a bubble top 25 team since their strong Boston Invite appearance, and they get in this week after Alloy and Bucket fall out.
Club Women's Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Indianapolis Rogue (25)|
|2||Boston Brute Squad||-||2|
|3||San Francisco Fury||-||3|
|4||Denver Molly Brown||-||4|
|5||Washington DC Scandal||-||5|
|9||San Francisco Nightlock||-||9|
|15||New York BENT||-||15|
|19||San Diego Wildfire||-||19|
|23||Kansas City Wicked||+1||24|
|25||Denver Small Batch||-|
- Kansas City Wicked were clearly the strongest team at SFI, and they went undefeated, topping #1 seed Vancouver Sneaky House Hippos 11-8 in semis.
- Denver Small Batch cracks the top 25 with a finals appearance at SFI. They avenged an early season loss to Elevate. Their only other losses this season are to Wicked.