August 30, 2018 by Ultiworld in Rankings with 0 comments
Every week, we will post the Club Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
Club Men's Power Rankings:
|1||San Francisco Revolver||-||1|
|3||New York PoNY||-||3|
|4||Raleigh Ring Of Fire||-||4|
|5||Minneapolis Sub Zero||-||5|
|9||Denver Johnny Bravo||-||9|
|11||Atlanta Chain Lightning||-||11|
|14||Michigan High Five||-||14|
|15||Portland Rhino Slam||+2||17|
|16||Washington DC Truck Stop||-1||15|
|18||Vancouver Furious George||-||18|
|22||Kansas City Prairie Fire||-||22|
- Four ranked teams took the field this past weekend in local round-robin events to make a final push for rankings points, but all largely performed to expectations. Portland Rhino Slam‘s upset of Sockeye earned them a slight uptick in our rankings for the only movement of the regular season’s penultimate weekend.
Club Mixed Power Rankings:
|3||Minneapolis Drag’N Thrust||-||3|
|4||Boston Slow White||-||4|
|6||Denver Love Tractor||-||6|
|7||Boston Snake Country||-||7|
|8||West Chester Loco||-||8|
|9||San Francisco Blackbird||-||9|
|10||San Francisco Polar Bears||-||10|
|11||Boston Wild Card||-||11|
|12||Washington DC Space Heater||-||12|
|13||Minneapolis No Touching||-||13|
|14||San Francisco Mischief||-||14|
|15||Dallas Public Enemy||-||15|
|16||Fort Collins shame.||-||16|
|18||Washington DC Rally||-||18|
|23||Los Angeles 7 Figures||-||23|
|24||Iowa Chad Larson Experience||-||24|
|25||Seattle Lights Out||-||25|
- With no ranked teams in action, there are no changes to the Mixed board this week.
Club Women's Power Rankings:
|1||Boston Brute Squad||+1||2|
|2||San Francisco Fury||+1||3|
|4||Denver Molly Brown||-||4|
|5||Washington DC Scandal||-||5|
|7||San Francisco Nightlock||-||7|
|16||San Diego Wildfire||-||16|
|19||Washington DC Grit||-||19|
|22||Kansas City Wicked||-||22|
|23||New York BENT||-||23|
|25||Denver Small Batch||-||25|
- Trying to correctly order teams 2-4 coming out of the Bay Area Invite is an exercise in futility — you can make a compelling case for every permutation. With little separating the teams, we decided to punish Seattle Riot for their shock loss to Traffic, which in turn bumps down Denver Molly Brown, despite their impressive win over San Francisco Fury at Stanford. Ultimately, the order here doesn’t matter much as the margins feel as thin as ever at the top heading into the Series.
- Like most teams at the Bay Area Invite, Vancouver Traffic earned a split with the two squads from Seattle, but they were alone in getting their win over Riot while falling to Underground. They are the first opponent from outside the Top 4 to knock off one of those teams all season, and move up a spot in recognition.
- Portland Schwa and Seattle Underground swap spots this week after Schwa bested their closely-matched fellow Northwest contender to take a 2-1 lead in the season series. Both teams will have their eyes trained on New York this weekend, hoping Schwa’s results hold up enough to sneak past someone else and earn the Northwest a third bid heading into Regionals.