September 5, 2018 by Ultiworld in Rankings with 0 comments
Every week, we will post the Club Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
Club Men's Power Rankings:
|1||New York PoNY||+2||3|
|2||San Francisco Revolver||-1||1|
|5||Raleigh Ring Of Fire||-1||4|
|6||Washington DC Truck Stop||+10||16|
|7||Minneapolis Sub Zero||-2||5|
|9||Denver Johnny Bravo||-||9|
|11||Atlanta Chain Lightning||-||11|
|14||Michigan High Five||-||14|
|16||Portland Rhino Slam!||-1||15|
|18||Vancouver Furious George||-||18|
|22||Kansas City Prairie Fire||-||22|
- For the first time all season, we have a new #1 in the Men’s division. After capturing the first two legs of the Triple Crown, including a decisive victory over previous top-dog San Francisco Revolver in the Pro Championships final, New York PoNY has climbed to the top of our Power Rankings. It’s the first time the club has ever held the top spot and put them in an unfamiliar position as a title favorite heading into the Series.
- The other squads moving up after their performances in New York are Boston Dig and Washington DC Truck Stop. Dig showed a considerably higher ceiling than in any previous tournament this season, including pushing Revolver to the brink and absolutely blasting Ring of Fire in the pre-semis. Truck, who knocked off Boston in pool play, also earned a semifinal finish, losing only to the two finalists all weekend.
- Going the other direction is Chicago Machine. While they were playing without key pieces Kurt Gibson and Pawel Janas, they have to be disappointed with their showing at the Pro Championships, taking losses to Bravo and High Five and looking well off the pace against Ring. They drop down eight spots to #15.
Club Mixed Power Rankings:
|1||Minneapolis Drag’N Thrust||+2||3|
|5||Boston Wild Card||+6||11|
|6||Denver Love Tractor||-||6|
|7||Boston Snake Country||-||7|
|8||West Chester Loco||-||8|
|9||San Francisco Blackbird||-||9|
|10||San Francisco Polar Bears||-||10|
|12||Washington DC Space Heater||-||12|
|13||Minneapolis No Touching||-||13|
|14||San Francisco Mischief||-||14|
|15||Dallas Public Enemy||-||15|
|16||Fort Collins shame.||-||16|
|18||Washington DC Rally||-||18|
|23||Los Angeles 7 Figures||-||23|
|24||Iowa Chad Larson Experience||-||24|
|25||Seattle Lights Out||-||25|
- We also have a new #1 in Mixed this week. Minneapolis Drag’n Thrust have been improving all season and looked very strong in New York this past weekend, knocking off both of Seattle’s title-contending sides en route to a Pro Championships crown — their first TCT tournament title since 2015.
- Drag’n was just one part of a Top 5 shuffle up. Seattle Mixtape also jumps the previous top two, Philadelphia AMP and Seattle BFG, besting both in the bracket before falling to Minneapolis in the final.
- Two of Boston’s top squads swap places after very different weekends. Wild Card was perhaps the surprise of the tournament, becoming the first team to knock off AMP in two and a half months en route to a strong semifinal finish. They jump into the Top 5 for the first time in 2018. Meanwhile, Slow White had a rough go in New York, suffering four defeats including blowout losses to both AMP and Mixtape; they slump to their lowest ever spot in the four years of our Power Rankings at #11.
Club Women's Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Quebec Iris (18)|
|1||Boston Brute Squad||-||1|
|2||San Francisco Fury||-||2|
|4||Denver Molly Brown||-||4|
|5||Washington DC Scandal||-||5|
|7||San Francisco Nightlock||-||7|
|15||Washington DC Grit||+4||19|
|17||San Diego Wildfire||-1||16|
|20||Kansas City Wicked||+2||22|
|21||New York BENT||+2||23|
|24||Denver Small Batch||+1||25|
- Unlike the other divisions where the action was at the top, most of the women’s changes this week come in the back half of the board. Washington DC Grit maintained their strong play from August and continue to climb the rankings, now all the way up to #15, just two weeks after their first appearance in the Power Rankings.
- While Brute Squad was dominant, their compatriots Boston Siege had a decidedly less positive experience at the Pro Championships. Hoping to put in a solid performance to gird for the coming battle at Northeast Regionals, Boston’s second team fell behind BENT in the regional pecking order and only managed wins against the tournament’s two bottom seeds.
- #18 Quebec Iris were removed from the rankings this week as they have decided not to participate in the USAU Series this season. Filling the vacancy is Oakland LOL, who come in at #25.