September 12, 2018 by Ultiworld in Rankings with 0 comments
Every week, we will post the Club Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
Club Men's Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Richmond Floodwall (25)|
|1||New York PoNY||-||1|
|2||San Francisco Revolver||-||2|
|5||Raleigh Ring Of Fire||-||5|
|6||Washington DC Truck Stop||-||6|
|7||Minneapolis Sub Zero||-||7|
|9||Denver Johnny Bravo||-||9|
|11||Atlanta Chain Lightning||-||11|
|14||Michigan High Five||-||14|
|16||Portland Rhino Slam||-||16|
|18||Vancouver Furious George||-||18|
|22||Kansas City Prairie Fire||-||22|
- The only change this week comes at the very bottom of the Power Rankings, where Richmond Floodwall falls out of the Top 25 after losing to Baltimore Med Men at Sectionals and are replaced by new #25 Montreal Mockingbird. It’s a crowded field hovering around the final spot, but Montreal gets the nod ahead of several others because they are the only team in contention who has yet to lose to an unranked opponent this season.
Club Mixed Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Los Angeles 7 Figures (23)|
|1||Minneapolis Drag’N Thrust||-||1|
|5||Boston Wild Card||-||5|
|6||Denver Love Tractor||-||6|
|7||Boston Snake Country||-||7|
|8||San Francisco Blackbird||+1||9|
|9||Boston Slow White||+2||11|
|10||Washington DC Space Heater||+2||12|
|11||San Francisco Mischief||+3||14|
|12||San Francisco Polar Bears||-2||10|
|13||Minneapolis No Touching||-||13|
|14||Dallas Public Enemy||+1||15|
|15||Fort Collins shame.||+1||16|
|17||Washington DC Rally||+1||18|
|21||West Chester Loco||-13||8|
|22||Iowa Chad Larson Experience||+2||24|
|23||Seattle Lights Out||+2||25|
|25||New York XIST||-|
- NorCal Sectionals shake up the Top 10 slightly this week, as #12 San Francisco Polar Bears slide down below crosstown rivals #11 Mischief. The Polar Bears looked very strong all weekend, taking #8 Blackbird to double game point in the Sectional final, but followed that up with an uninspired performance in the 2nd place game, dropping one to Mischief, who themselves endured an up-and-down weekend that nearly saw them fall to Reno Cutthroat in the 2nd place semifinals.
- The biggest loser of the week is West Chester Loco, who plummet 13 spots down to #21 after taking two losses to unranked Pittsburgh Alloy in their Sectional tournament. This surprising result casts doubt over Loco’s ability to retain the Nationals bid they earned for the region, as they’ll have to solve Pittsburgh at Regionals if they’re to advance to San Diego.
- Also suffering multiple defeats at Sectionals was Los Angeles 7 Figures, who fall out of the Power Rankings. Taking their spot at #25 is New York XIST, who comfortably took care of business in their Sectional tournament.
- Durham Toro is the other mover this week, slipping to #24 after stunningly losing to Charlotte Storm in the semifinal of North Carolina Sectionals and finishing their weekend in third place. Durham will have their work cut out for them if they’re to advance to Nationals over a surging #18 Atlanta Bucket.
Club Women's Power Rankings:
|1||Boston Brute Squad||-||1|
|2||San Francisco Fury||-||2|
|4||Denver Molly Brown||-||4|
|5||Washington DC Scandal||-||5|
|7||San Francisco Nightlock||-||7|
|15||Washington DC Grit||-||15|
|17||San Diego Wildfire||-||17|
|20||Kansas City Wicked||-||20|
|21||New York BENT||-||21|
|24||Denver Small Batch||-||24|
- Despite 11 ranked teams competing at Sectionals last weekend, there is no movement on our board this week. Every ranked team performed to expectations; all won their sections convincingly, except #10 Vancouver Traffic who lost to #3 Seattle Riot and #25 Oakland LOL who lost to #2 San Francisco Fury.