August 7, 2019 by Ultiworld in Rankings with 0 comments
Here are the latest Club Power Rankings!
Every week, we will post the updated edition here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings. These rankings can always be found on our permanent rankings page.
Men's Division Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Houston H.I.P. (25)|
|2||New York PoNY||+1||3|
|3||Washington DC Truck Stop||-1||2|
|4||Raleigh Ring Of Fire||+2||6|
|5||San Francisco Revolver||-1||4|
|7||Vancouver Furious George||+1||8|
|9||Minneapolis Sub Zero||+1||10|
|12||Portland Rhino Slam||-||12|
|14||Denver Johnny Bravo||-||14|
|16||Atlanta Chain Lightning||-||16|
|20||Winnipeg General Strike||-||20|
- Most of the action this week is in rearranging the Top 10, as the U.S. Open provided plenty of data to compare the top teams. While Seattle Sockeye retained their stop atop the list, no other Top 10 team is in the same spot as last week. New York PoNY inched up to within one spot of their preseason #1 ranking, swapping places with Washington DC Truck Stop thanks to their semifinal result. The last semifinalist from the event was Raleigh Ring of Fire, who moved up two spots to #4 and bumped their quarterfinal victim San Francisco Revolver to #5.
- The big loser this week is Chicago Machine, whose baffling inconsistent weekend — losses to #9 Minneapolis Sub Zero and Huntsville Freaks (!) paired with playing Sockeye closer than anyone else — drops them to #10.
- New at the backend of the rankings this week are the #23 Huntsville Freaks, who went 3-3 at the toughest tournament of the year, including the aforementioned win over Machine. Falling out to make space are Houston H.I.P.
Mixed Division Power Rankings:
|1||Minneapolis Drag’N Thrust||+7||8|
|4||Denver Love Tractor||-1||3|
|5||Boston Slow White||-1||4|
|6||Boston Snake Country||-1||5|
|7||Fort Collins shame.||-||7|
|8||San Francisco Mischief||+2||10|
|10||Washington DC Space Heater||-4||6|
|11||San Francisco Blackbird||-2||9|
|14||Boston Wild Card||-||14|
|15||Minneapolis No Touching||-||15|
|17||San Francisco Polar Bears||-||17|
|20||Washington DC Rally||-||20|
|21||West Chester Loco||-||21|
|25||St. Louis Chalice||-||25|
- There’s a new #1 in mixed! Well, actually it’s an old #1, as three-time national champ Minneapolis Drag’n Thrust asserted themselves as a legitimate title threat again in 2019 by dint of their U.S. Open win and rocket to the top of our big board. They continue to be a bugaboo for Seattle Mixtape, knocking off their longtime rivals twice in Blaine. Previous Power Rankings toppers Philadelphia AMP slide to #3 after being bumped from contention in the quarterfinals.
- San Francisco Mischief‘s surprise run to the semifinals in Blaine sees them climb to #8, followed by a Seattle BFG squad who notched a victory over #10 Washington DC Space Heater. The Bay Area’s other team, San Francisco Blackbird, falls to #11 after a 4-2 weekend that saw them undefeated against international opposition but unfortunately winless against domestic competition.
Women's Division Power Rankings:
|1||Boston Brute Squad||-||1|
|3||Washington DC Scandal||+1||4|
|4||San Francisco Fury||-2||2|
|5||Denver Molly Brown||-||5|
|11||San Francisco Nightlock||+2||13|
|16||Washington DC Grit||+1||17|
|17||San Diego Wildfire||+1||18|
|20||New York BENT||+1||21|
|22||Florida Tabby Rosa||+1||23|
|23||Vancouver Sneaky House Hippos||+1||24|
- While Boston Brute Squad remains firmly entrenched atop the list, their opponents from the last two national title games San Francisco Fury slide to #4 — their lowest spot in the Power Rankings since 2017 — after failing to make the semifinals at the U.S. Open. They fall behind the two teams that beat them this weekend, Seattle Riot and Washington DC Scandal, who rise to #2 and #3 respectively.
- The trio of San Francisco Nightlock, Chicago Nemesis, and Austin Showdown have circular wins and losses amongst themselves. Nightlock’s emphatic win over Nemesis this weekend in Blaine means they rise above the other two to #11.
- While they avenged a pool play loss to Seattle Soul to win a small Round Robin in the Emerald City this weekend, the shocking loss to an unranked opponent sees #24 Oakland LOL plummet eight spots down the list.