Northwest Fruit Bowl saw teams from multiple regions converge and some changes in the back-end of the rankings
August 29, 2023 by Ultiworld in Rankings with 0 comments
Each week, we’ll post an updated edition of our Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and help us share each week’s rankings via social media. The most up-to-date version can always be found on our permanent rankings page.
Club Women's Power Rankings:
|1||Washington DC Scandal||-||1|
|2||San Francisco Fury||-||2|
|3||Boston Brute Squad||-||3|
|4||Denver Molly Brown||-||4|
|5||San Diego Flipside||-||5|
|11||New York BENT||-||11|
|13||San Francisco Nightlock||-||13|
|15||Washington DC Grit||-||15|
|23||Florida Tabby Rosa||-||23|
|25||San Diego Wildfire||-||25|
- No rankings movement this week.
Club Men's Power Rankings:
|1||New York PoNY||-||1|
|2||Washington DC Truck Stop||-||2|
|4||Denver Johnny Bravo||-||4|
|5||Raleigh Ring of Fire||-||5|
|6||San Francisco Revolver||-||6|
|8||Portland Rhino Slam!||-||8|
|9||Atlanta Chain Lightning||-||9|
|12||Minneapolis Sub Zero||-||12|
|18||Winnipeg General Strike||-||18|
|19||Vancouver Furious George||-||19|
|21||Madison Mad Men||-||21|
|23||Eugene Dark Star||-||23|
|25||New Jersey Garden State Ultimate||-||25|
- No rankings movement this week.
Club Mixed Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Kansas City United (23)|
|2||Fort Collins shame.||-||2|
|5||New York XIST||-||5|
|6||Huntsville Space Force||-||6|
|9||San Francisco Mischief||-||9|
|10||San Francisco Polar Bears||-||10|
|11||Minneapolis Drag’n Thrust||-||11|
|12||Ann Arbor Hybrid||-||12|
|14||Washington DC Rally||-||14|
|15||Dallas Public Enemy||-||15|
|18||Vancouver Red Flag||-||18|
|20||Atlanta Dirty Bird||-1||19|
|23||Denver Love Tractor||+1||24|
- Welcome Montana MOONDOG to the rankings! They went 5-1 at Fruit Bowl last weekend, notching wins over formerly ranked Kansas City United and #25 Oregon Scorch en route to the final, where they were up 7-4 at half against #8 Seattle Mixtape before eventually falling 13-11. MOONDOG slot in at #19 just behind Vancouver Red Flag, who hold a head-to-head win at SFI East over the Montana team.
- Seattle Mixtape, despite winning Fruit Bowl, do not budge in the rankings. Indeed, there was even some discussion about whether to drop them a few spots after close wins against West Chester Loco and MOONDOG. Ultimately though, they retain the #8 spot.
- Vancouver Red Flag similarly stay put. They came in to Fruit Bowl as the number one seed overall but finish in fifth after suffering their only loss of the tournament on universe point to Oregon Scorch in quarters. Their five wins – all by four or more scores – keep them from sliding.
- Despite the win over Red Flag, Oregon Scorch had an up-and-down weekend overall, losing to MOONDOG and unranked Mile High Trash and notching just one- and two-point wins over Bay Area Donuts and Loco, respectively. As a result, Scorch slide four spots and cling onto the last spot in our Top 25.
Bonus Content for Club Power Rankings [8/29/23] is only available to Ultiworld Subscribers
Already have a subscription? Log in
Whether you visit Ultiworld for our reporting, our podcasts, or our video coverage, you can help us continue to provide high quality content with a subscription. By becoming a subscriber, not only do you receive benefits like bonus content and full article RSS feeds, you also help fund all of Ultiworld's coverage in general. We appreciate your support!