Club Power Rankings, Presented By NUTC [Sep. 6, 2017]
Here are the latest Club Power Rankings, presented by the National Ultimate Training Camp! These rankings can always been found on our permanent rankings page.
Every week, we will post the Club Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
Men's Division Power Rankings:
- While it wasn’t a spotless weekend, a Pro Championships victory moves San Francisco Revolver back to the top of our rankings. Raleigh Ring of Fire, also with a tournament victory amid a one-loss Labor Day weekend, end the regular season at #2.
- A shocking quarterfinal loss bumps Seattle Sockeye back to #3, while their vanquishers Chicago Machine move all the way up to #8 with a very impressive weekend in Burlington.
- Toronto GOAT and Boston Dig basically swap spots in the rankings after the Canadians knocked off their regional rivals at the New York Invite. These two could do battle again in just a few weeks at Regionals in Devens.
- It was a rough weekend for both Minneapolis Sub Zero and SoCal Condors, who each earned just a single win at the Pro Championships. It was a similar story for Baltimore Medicine Men and Pittsburgh Temper across the country; Baltimore’s victory over Pittsburgh was the only win either team managed in Yorktown Heights. All four teams plummet down the rankings, falling at least six spots.
- Going the other direction is Vancouver Furious George — they earned a trio of two-point wins over other mid-table squads and move up seven spots to #14 in our rankings, though it wasn’t quite enough to steal away a bid in the algorithm.
Mixed Division Power Rankings:
- The mixed rankings stay surprisingly stable this week, despite eight top 15 teams clashing at the Pro Championships. In the only movement within the Top 5, Minneapolis Drag’n Thrust edge past Seattle BFG to #3 after taking the third place consolation game from Seattle.
- San Francisco Blackbird are the big movers this week, shooting up to #7 after storming through the bracket in Burlington and displaying the potential many expected when they entered the season ranked #2.
- The only other squad to move more than a single place in the rankings is Cincinnati Steamboat, who finished a disappointing seventh at the Pro Championships after topping their pool on Day 1. They fall two spots to #10.
Women's Division Power Rankings:
- With their Pro Championships title, Seattle Riot return to the top of the Power Rankings for the first time since the opening poll of the season. The ladies from the Emerald City replace Denver Molly Brown, who picked up losses to both Scandal and Brute Squad over the holiday weekend and slide back to #3.
- Atlanta Ozone managed only a single win on the weekend and fall down to #8. By upsetting Atlanta in a Sunday placement game, San Francisco Nightlock are the biggest movers of the week, climbing to #12.
More from Ultiworld