August 9, 2018 by Steve Sullivan in Rankings with 0 comments
Every week, we will post the Club Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
Club Men's Power Rankings:
|1||San Francisco Revolver||-||1|
|3||New York PoNY||+9||12|
|4||Raleigh Ring Of Fire||-1||3|
|7||Minneapolis Sub Zero||+7||14|
|10||Denver Johnny Bravo||-6||4|
|11||Michigan High Five||-2||9|
|13||Washington DC Truck Stop||+6||19|
|16||Portland Rhino Slam!||-1||15|
|17||Vancouver Furious George||-1||16|
|20||Atlanta Chain Lightning||-||20|
|21||Kansas City Prairie Fire||-||21|
|25||Winnipeg General Strike||-||25|
- With their shocking win at the US Open, New York PoNY are the biggest movers this week, climbing up nine spots to an all-time high at #3. In related news, Jimmy Mickle and Chris Kocher are very good at ultimate.
- Making a similar rise are their US Open final opponents, Minneapolis Sub Zero, whose upset of vaunted Revolver push them all the way up to #7, the highest the program has been since early in 2014.
- With nice wins over Doublewide and Machine, Washington DC Truck Stop recovered from their disastrous Pro Elite Challenge to move back to #13 and just enough to re-enter the bid conversation according to USAU’s algorithm.
- Going the other direction is Denver Johnny Bravo, failing to pick up a single win over a domestic opponent in Blaine. They remain in the top 10, barely, thanks to their early season tournament win on home turf.
Club Mixed Power Rankings:
|3||Washington DC Space Heater||-1||2|
|4||Minneapolis Drag’N Thrust||+4||8|
|7||Denver Love Tractor||-1||6|
|8||Fort Collins shame.||-1||7|
|9||Boston Snake Country||-||9|
|10||Boston Wild Card||-||10|
|11||West Chester Loco||-||11|
|14||San Francisco Mischief||-1||13|
|15||Dallas Public Enemy||+5||20|
|16||San Francisco Blackbird||-2||14|
|17||Los Angeles 7 Figures||-1||16|
|18||San Francisco Polar Bears||-1||17|
|19||Minneapolis No Touching||-1||18|
|20||Washington DC Rally||-1||19|
|23||New York XIST||-||23|
|24||Connecticut Metro North||-||24|
|25||Boston League Of Shadows||-||25|
- Philadelphia AMP reach the top spot in the rankings for the first time this season by dint of knocking off the world champs, Seattle BFG.
- In a related move, Washington DC Space Heater fall all the way down to #3, a devastating low-point in the history of their program. They’ll FINALLY get back on the field this weekend at the Chesapeake Open with a chance to return to happier times.
- Despite persistent rumors of their demise, Minneapolis Drag’n Thrust have returned to the top 5 with their second consecutive third place finish at a TCT tournament.
- On the flip side of the coin, Seattle Mixtape fall out of the top 5 for only the second week in the four-year history of our power rankings.
- Dallas Public Enemy‘s double game point win over Mixtape and double game point loss to BFG sees them climb a bit this week, up five spots.
Club Women's Power Rankings:
|2||Boston Brute Squad||-||2|
|3||San Francisco Fury||-||3|
|4||Denver Molly Brown||-||4|
|6||Washington DC Scandal||-1||5|
|8||San Francisco Nightlock||+1||9|
|17||San Diego Wildfire||+2||19|
|19||New York BENT||-4||15|
|23||Kansas City Wicked||-||23|
|25||Denver Small Batch||-||25|
- All’s quiet at the top of the rankings this week. Without Riot in attendance in Blaine, the other members of the presumed top four settled into a predictable order.
- Washington DC Scandal and Toronto 6ixers swap spots this week after Scandal was absolutely waxed by both Fury and Brute Squad, shortly after 6ixers played the ladies from Boston to double game point at WUCC.
- Boston Siege‘s near winless weekend at the US Open1 sees them plummet a bit, dragging fellow Northeast squad BENT down with them.
Their one win coming against a foreign Black Widows team that beat them later in the weekend. ↩