September 27, 2018 by Ultiworld in Rankings with 0 comments
Every week, we will post the Club Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
Club Men's Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Durham Turbine (24), Montreal Mockingbird (25)|
|1||New York PoNY||-||1|
|2||San Francisco Revolver||-||2|
|3||Raleigh Ring Of Fire||+2||5|
|4||Washington DC Truck Stop||+2||6|
|7||Minneapolis Sub Zero||-||7|
|11||Vancouver Furious George||+7||18|
|12||Portland Rhino Slam!||+4||16|
|15||Michigan High Five||-1||14|
|16||Denver Johnny Bravo||-7||9|
|17||Atlanta Chain Lightning||-6||11|
|22||Kansas City Prairie Fire||-||22|
- After picking up convincing regional championships, Raleigh Ring of Fire and Washington DC Truck Stop climb ahead of second place qualifiers Seattle Sockeye and Boston Dig to shake up the top of our Power Rankings this week.
- Another trio of regional winners make a big move up the board as Chicago Machine, Austin Doublewide, and Vancouver Furious George all fly up at least six spots.
- In a related move, all of Denver Johnny Bravo, Atlanta Chain Lightning, and Pittsburgh Temper slide the other direction and may be looking at pool bottom seeds heading in San Diego.
- At the back end of the Top 25, Huntsville Freaks return to the list after a month and a half absence, while Indianapolis Brickyard make their Power Rankings debut in the #25 spot.
- Falling out are Durham Turbine and Montreal Mockingbird who both had Regionals to forget; they drop from Top Select status in 2018 to failing to even qualify for the Select Flight in 2019.
Club Mixed Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Washington DC Rally (17), Seattle Lights Out (22), Omaha Woodwork (25)|
|1||Minneapolis Drag’N Thrust||-||1|
|5||Boston Snake Country||+2||7|
|6||Washington DC Space Heater||+4||10|
|7||Fort Collins shame.||+8||15|
|8||Denver Love Tractor||-2||6|
|9||San Francisco Mischief||+2||11|
|10||San Francisco Polar Bears||+2||12|
|11||San Francisco Blackbird||-3||8|
|12||Minneapolis No Touching||+1||13|
|14||Boston Wild Card||-9||5|
|20||Dallas Public Enemy||-6||14|
|21||New York XIST||+3||24|
|22||New Jersey Jughandle||-|
|24||West Chester Loco||-3||21|
- All is quiet at the very top of the mixed Power Rankings, but crazy Regionals upsets have the rest of the board lit up like a Christmas tree.
- Boston Snake Country claim top billing in the always tough Northeast region and earn city bragging rights over Slow White and Wild Card despite amazingly not playing either all season. The Snakes move into the Top 5 for the first time in their history while their two crosstown rivals both slump to 2018 lows at #13 and #14 respectively, as the former ended the latter’s season on double game point in the game-to-go.
- In the criminally bid-starved South Central, Fort Collins shame. outlasted in-state rivals Denver Love Tractor for the region’s sole bid to Nationals. shame. climb all the way up to #7 while Love Tractor must be devastated failing to qualify for the big show while (deservedly) remaining inside our Top 10.
- San Francisco Mischief notched wins over both of their Bay Area rivals Polar Bears and Blackbird to shake up the order of those three on our board. That trio genuinely feels like a toss-up.
- Recovering from an odd Sectionals loss, Durham Toro wrapped up the sole bid from the Southeast to get back much of the ground they lost in our rankings and are back up to #15 heading into Nationals.
- Dallas Public Enemy slip a bit after falling to Denver Mesteño in the South Central third place game; the win earns the Denver squad their first ever appearance in our Power Rankings.
- Also new this week are a pair from the Mid-Atlantic who had a good weekend in Delaware. New Jersey Jughandle make our list after earning their bid to Nationals, while Pittsburgh Alloy also sneak in thanks to giving Space Heater all they could handle in the regional semifinal.
- Falling out of the top 25 to accommodate all the newcomers are Washington DC Rally, Seattle Lights Out, and Omaha Woodwork.
Club Women's Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Oakland LOL (25)|
|1||Boston Brute Squad||-||1|
|2||San Francisco Fury||-||2|
|4||Denver Molly Brown||-||4|
|5||Washington DC Scandal||-||5|
|6||San Francisco Nightlock||+1||7|
|16||Washington DC Grit||-1||15|
|18||San Diego Wildfire||-1||17|
|20||Kansas City Wicked||-||20|
|21||New York BENT||-||21|
|23||Denver Small Batch||+1||24|
|24||Salt Lake City Elevate||-|
- With a blowout victory over Raleigh Phoenix to win the Southeast, Atlanta Ozone are at their highest point in our rankings since the end of July.
- A surprise second-place qualifier out of the Northwest, Portland Schwa shoot up the board to #13 while Vancouver Traffic slide to just behind their American counterparts, reflecting their finish in Tacoma.
- Ottawa Stella may have come up short of a Nationals bid, but their results in Devens were enough to climb ahead of regional rivals New York BENT and Boston Siege.
- Salt Lake City Elevate knocked off Seattle Underground and put up a solid fight against Traffic at Northwest Regionals, marking the first ever appearance of a Utah women’s team in our rankings. Oakland LOL fall out of the top 25 to make room, despite losing only to Nationals qualifiers at Southwest Regionals.