July 31, 2019 by Ultiworld in Rankings with 0 comments
Here are the latest Club Power Rankings!
Every week, we will post the updated edition here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings. These rankings can always be found on our permanent rankings page.
Club Men's Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Durham Brickhouse (20)|
|2||Washington DC Truck Stop||-||2|
|3||New York PoNY||-||3|
|4||San Francisco Revolver||-||4|
|6||Raleigh Ring Of Fire||-||6|
|8||Vancouver Furious George||+2||10|
|10||Minneapolis Sub Zero||-1||9|
|12||Portland Rhino Slam!||-||12|
|14||Denver Johnny Bravo||+1||15|
|16||Atlanta Chain Lightning||+1||17|
|20||Winnipeg General Strike||-|
- With an impressive victory over Toronto GOAT at Select Flight Invite East, Vancouver Furious George inches ahead of their countrymen to #8 as the Canadian pair looked like by far the best teams in Columbus and further cementing their status as legitimate top 10 teams this season.
- For the second tournament in a row, Cleveland Smokestack impressed by convincingly topping other Select Flight competition. They rise to an all-time program high at #18 this week.
- The biggest losers of the weekend are Pittsburgh Temper, who take a tumble after a disappointing debut to their season. A loss to Winnipeg General Strike sees the Steel City side slip eight spots to #21. General Strike enter the rankings for the first time this season as the third Canadian entry on our big board.
- Falling out this week are Durham Brickhouse, whose name change to “NexGen All-Star Tour” couldn’t help them escape a brutal five loss weekend in Columbus.
Club Mixed Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Madison NOISE (24), Seattle Birdfruit (25)|
|3||Denver Love Tractor||-||3|
|5||Boston Snake Country||-||5|
|6||Washington DC Space Heater||-||6|
|7||Fort Collins shame.||-||7|
|8||Minneapolis Drag’N Thrust||-||8|
|9||San Francisco Blackbird||-||9|
|10||San Francisco Mischief||-||10|
|14||Boston Wild Card||-3||11|
|15||Minneapolis No Touching||-||15|
|17||San Francisco Polar Bears||-||17|
|20||Washington DC Rally||+2||22|
|21||West Chester Loco||+2||23|
|25||St. Louis Chalice||-|
- Entering the weekend as the highest-ranked team on our list, Boston Wild Card couldn’t perform to expectations at SFI, getting bounced from the bracket early and knocking them down a few pegs to #14, just behind tournament champs Columbus Cocktails. That it was Boston’s only loss of the weekend prevents them from falling any further, despite the 5th place finish.
- Results elsewhere in Columbus lead to a big shakeup in the back end of our Power Rankings this week. Southeast pair Atlanta Bucket and Charlotte Storm slide three and four spots respectively, as each picked up a pair of losses — though all came to ranked opponents. Slotting in between them at #23 is rankings newcomer Pittsburgh Alloy, whose up-and-down weekend — which has been the story of their season so far — saw them finish third in their pool before a bracket run fell one point shy of the final.
- Also new this week are Power Rankings debutants St. Louis Chalice, whose surprising weekend included a pool win ahead of Cocktails and a march all the way to a final where they lost a rematch with the host squad.
- Madison NOISE and Seattle Birdfruit continue to flirt with the fringe of the rankings and this week find themselves on the outside looking in.
Club Women's Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Denver Small Batch (24)|
|1||Boston Brute Squad||-||1|
|2||San Francisco Fury||-||2|
|4||Washington DC Scandal||-||4|
|5||Denver Molly Brown||-||5|
|13||San Francisco Nightlock||-||13|
|17||Washington DC Grit||-1||16|
|18||San Diego Wildfire||-1||17|
|21||New York BENT||-||21|
|23||Florida Tabby Rosa||-1||22|
|24||Vancouver Sneaky House Hippos||-1||23|
- While #9 Columbus Rival expectedly dominated the competition at SFI to maintain their spot inside the Top 10, no.2 seed Seattle Underground also had a solid weekend, cooly dispatching all comers until falling in a close final to the hometown squad. The Emerald City’s second team move up four spots to #15.
- Minneapolis Pop recovered a bit from season-opening disappointment at PEC, exacting revenge on a Colorado Small Batch team that had bested them in Aurora a few weeks ago. By also nabbing victories over two other ranked teams, Minneapolis climbs back up to #22. Small Batch, on the other hand, were not quite as impressive as they had shown themselves to be at altitude and drop out of the rankings this week.
- Taking Denver’s place are Virginia Rebellion whose 4th place finish in Columbus — including a quarterfinal win over Boston Siege — earns them a first-ever appearance in the Top 25.