August 21, 2019 by Ultiworld in Rankings with 0 comments
Here are the latest Club Power Rankings!
Every week, we will post the updated edition here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings. These rankings can always be found on our permanent rankings page.
Club Men's Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Huntsville Freaks (23)|
|2||New York PoNY||-||2|
|3||Washington DC Truck Stop||-||3|
|4||Raleigh Ring Of Fire||-||4|
|5||San Francisco Revolver||-||5|
|7||Vancouver Furious George||-||7|
|9||Minneapolis Sub Zero||-||9|
|11||Denver Johnny Bravo||+3||14|
|15||Portland Rhino Slam||-3||12|
|17||Atlanta Chain Lightning||-1||16|
|20||Winnipeg General Strike||-||20|
- A tournament-topping performance at Elite-Select Challenge from SoCal Condors was enough to move them into the Top 10 for the first time in 2019. Fellow finalists Denver Johnny Bravo also rise three spots to #11, directly behind the Condors.
- The biggest gainers this week are #13 Pittsburgh Temper, who fly eight spots up thanks to their run to the semifinals at ESC. The same cannot be said for the final semifinalist in Rockford, #15 Portland Rhino Slam. Despite a solid weekend from the Northwest outfit, losses to both Pittsburgh and Condors see them slide three spots.
- Boston DiG disappointed based on their tournament no.2 seed, though their only losses were to the finalists. These defeats — their first on the season — were enough to drop Boston down to #14.
- New to the rankings this week are #24 Indianapolis Brickyard, who went 2-4 at ESC, but posted some good scores against ranked opponents. Their inclusion comes at the expense of Huntsville Freaks; the short-lived Freaks hype train comes to a screeching halt after a weekend that saw just a single victory over a rebuilding Oakland Guerrilla.
Club Mixed Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Minneapolis No Touching (15), Washington DC Rally (25)|
|1||Minneapolis Drag’N Thrust||-||1|
|5||Boston Wild Card||+9||14|
|6||Boston Slow White||-1||5|
|7||Boston Snake Country||-1||6|
|8||Fort Collins shame.||-1||7|
|9||Washington DC Space Heater||+1||10|
|10||San Francisco Mischief||-2||8|
|11||San Francisco Blackbird||-||11|
|15||West Chester Loco||+5||20|
|16||Denver Love Tractor||-12||4|
|20||San Francisco Polar Bears||-3||17|
|21||Ann Arbor Hybrid||-|
|22||St. Louis Chalice||-1||21|
|24||Iowa Chad Larson Experience||-|
- Big changes abound throughout the Top 10 in mixed. First up, Seattle BFG reclaim their spot in the upper eschelon after shocking Seattle Mixtape at Northwest Fruitbowl and now sit at #3. Boston Wild Card also rocket into the Top 5 with their Elite-Select title over crosstown rivals Slow White; Wild Card now sit atop a tightly clumped trio of Beeantown squads from #5-7. San Francisco Mischief just hang on to their spot in the Top 10, despite a pair of puzzling losses to a rising West Chester Loco.
- There was no less action in the middle of the board, as teams rose and fell based on their performances in Rockford. #12 Boise Lochsa, #14 Florida Weird, and #15 West Chester Loco all climbed at least four spots thanks to top-half finishes at the weekend’s big event. Moving the other direction are #17 Columbus Cocktails, #20 San Francisco Polar Bears, and #25 Montana MOONDOG, all of whom also now sit outside the bid cutoff with no chance of recovery.
- Without a doubt, the biggest losers of the weekend are #16 Denver Love Tractor, who PLUMMET down twelve spots after a downright ghastly showing at ESC. Thankfully, they have a reprieve in the Pro Championships to try to earn back the bid that they have at least momentarily lost this weekend.
- Two new teams grace our Top 25 for the first time this season, as we welcome #21 Ann Arbor Hybrid and #24 Iowa Chad Larson Experience. Hybrid won the regionally competitive Cooler Classic while CLX put together one of their best weekends of the past few years by finishing third at Fruitbowl. Falling out to make space at the back are Washington DC Rally and a Minneapolis No Touching! squad that was a couple of double game points away from having a very different weekend in Rockford.
Club Women's Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Vancouver Sneaky House Hippos (23)|
|1||Boston Brute Squad||-||1|
|3||Washington DC Scandal||-||3|
|4||San Francisco Fury||-||4|
|5||Denver Molly Brown||-||5|
|9||San Diego Wildfire||+8||17|
|11||San Francisco Nightlock||-||11|
|16||New York BENT||+4||20|
|21||Washington DC Grit||-5||16|
|23||Florida Tabby Rosa||-1||22|
|25||Salt Lake City Elevate||-|
- The surprising finalists from the women’s division at Elite-Select saw major advances in our rankings, as both Boston Siege and San Diego Wildfire fire into the Top 10, knocking Raliegh Phoenix back two spots.
- A similarly surprising result north of the border sees Canadian Championships finalist #14 Quebec Iris climb above compatriots #15 Vancouver Traffic thanks to a head-to-head victory in Edmonton.
- Bid hopefuls #17 Seattle Underground, #18 Chicago Nemesis, #19 Austin Showdown, and #21 Washington DC Grit all failed to do enough in Rockford to improve their algorithmic lot, and slide down our board several spots after unconvincing performances.
- With a decent 3-3 showing at ESC, #25 Salt Lake City Elevate join our rankings for the first time since the end of last season. They replace a Vancouver Sneaky House Hippos team that was exposed at CUC, finishing sixth in their domestic championship.