September 11, 2019 by Ultiworld in Rankings with 0 comments
Here are the latest Club Power Rankings!
Every week, we will post the updated edition here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings. These rankings can always be found on our permanent rankings page.
Men's Division Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Dallas Nitro (25)|
|1||New York PoNY||-||1|
|3||Raleigh Ring Of Fire||-||3|
|4||San Francisco Revolver||-||4|
|6||Minneapolis Sub Zero||-||6|
|7||Washington DC Truck Stop||-||7|
|10||Vancouver Furious George||-2||8|
|11||Denver Johnny Bravo||-||11|
|15||Portland Rhino Slam||-||15|
|17||Atlanta Chain Lightning||-||17|
|24||Winnipeg General Strike||-4||20|
- After their surprising 15-12 loss to Voodoo in the final at Washington/BC Sectionals, Vancouver Furious George slide down two spots to #10 while Seattle Voodoo inch forward a couple spots to #19 in a corresponding move.
- Falling this week are Cleveland Smokestack and Winnipeg General Strike, both of whom suffered unexpected upsets at their respective sectional events. They each fall four places to #23 and #24.
- With a win at Texas Sectionals, Houston H.I.P. replace former #25 Dallas Nitro at the back end of our rankings.
Mixed Division Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Ann Arbor Hybrid (21), Montana MOONDOG (25)|
|1||Minneapolis Drag’N Thrust||-||1|
|5||Boston Wild Card||-||5|
|6||Boston Snake Country||-||6|
|7||Boston Slow White||-||7|
|8||Washington DC Space Heater||-||8|
|9||Denver Love Tractor||-||9|
|10||Fort Collins shame.||-||10|
|11||San Francisco Mischief||-||11|
|12||San Francisco Blackbird||-||12|
|16||West Chester Loco||-||16|
|19||San Francisco Polar Bears||+1||20|
|20||Iowa Chad Larson Experience||+4||24|
|24||Washington DC Rally||-|
|25||St. Louis Chalice||-3||22|
- While the top of the board holds steady, Sectionals results did impact the bottom of our mixed rankings. Iowa Chad Larson Experience dominated their West Plains section, including a seven-point victory in the final over St. Louis Chalice. CLX move up four spots to #20, while Chalice slip, barely hanging on at #25.
- In one of the most surprising results of the weekend, Atlanta Bucket lost games at sectionals to both Atlanta JLP and Nashville Shine, finishing fourth at the tournament. Despite the multiple losses to unranked opponents, a strong regular season prevents Bucket from falling too far, as they tumble just two spots to #21.
- New this week are #23 Charlotte Storm and #24 Washington DC Rally, both of whom have been in and out of the rankings this season. With top teams from their areas accepting earned byes to Regionals, Storm won the North Carolina section and Rally topped the Capitol section, both in dominating, undefeated fashion.
- Making way for Storm and Rally are Ann Arbor Hybrid and Montana MOONDOG. Hybrid ultimately finished second in their section as expected, but not before dropping a game to in-state rival Grand Rapids Toast. MOONDOG had a worse weekend, dropping two games to #13 Boise Lochsa — no shame in that — before losing a game-to-go to Saskatoon Bunnies. It meant that MOONDOG is extremely grateful to see teams in other sections have declined their bids to Northwest Regionals, extending the season of Montana’s top squad.
- Hovering just outside our Top 25 are sectionals debutants Chicago U54 Ultimate. The Chicago UPA reboot crushed all comers at their Central Plains event and will enter Regionals as a potential wild card to steal the Great Lakes’ Nationals bid out from under #17 Columbus Cocktails and #18 Cincinnati Steamboat.
Women's Division Power Rankings:
|1||San Francisco Fury||-||1|
|2||Denver Molly Brown||-||2|
|5||Boston Brute Squad||-||5|
|6||Washington DC Scandal||-||6|
|8||San Francisco Nightlock||-||8|
|11||San Diego Wildfire||-||11|
|16||New York BENT||-||16|
|21||Washington DC Grit||-||21|
|23||Florida Tabby Rosa||-||23|
|25||Salt Lake City Elevate||-||25|
- Thirteen ranked women’s squads were in action over the first weekend of the 2019 postseason, but all performed to expectations. The Top 25 remains entirely unchanged this week.