Movement in all three divisions thanks to results from the Select Flight Invite.
August 2, 2017 by Ultiworld in Rankings with 0 comments
Every Wednesday, we will post the Club Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
Club Men's Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Kansas City Prairie Fire (22), Denver Inception (23)|
|1||San Francisco Revolver||-||1|
|2||Washington DC Truck Stop||-||2|
|5||Raleigh Ring Of Fire||-||5|
|6||Denver Johnny Bravo||-||6|
|7||Michigan High Five||-||7|
|9||New York PoNY||-||9|
|14||Portland Rhino Slam||-||14|
|17||Vancouver Furious George||-1||16|
|18||Atlanta Chain Lightning||-1||17|
|21||Minneapolis Sub Zero||-2||19|
|23||Baltimore Medicine Men||-|
- SoCal Condors are the big mover this week, after their tournament-winning performance in Columbus. They move up 9 spots to #15 and currently sit comfortably inside the bid zone for the Southwest.
- Pittsburgh Temper also move up a couple slots thanks to a win over GOAT, though a loss to Mad Men and failure to make the final prevent them from moving up further.
- Coming in at #23, Baltimore Medicine Men return to the Top 25 after a three-week hiatus, picking up SFI victories over other bubble squads Inception and Floodwall.
- Speaking of, Richmond’s top club team makes their Power Rankings debut, with Floodwall slotting in at #25 thanks to a fifth place finish in Columbus.
- Falling out of the rankings are Kansas City Prairie Fire and Denver Inception, neither of which impressed in Columbus by failing to win their pools.
Club Mixed Power Rankings:
|2||Boston Slow White||-||2|
|5||Minneapolis Drag’N Thrust||-||5|
|6||San Francisco Mischief||-||6|
|7||Boston Wild Card||+2||9|
|9||Connecticut Metro North||-1||8|
|10||San Francisco Polar Bears||-||10|
|11||Fort Collins shame.||-||11|
|12||San Francisco Blackbird||-||12|
|13||Washington DC Ambiguous Grey||-||13|
|15||Denver Love Tractor||-||15|
|16||Minneapolis No Touching||-||16|
|20||Iowa Chad Larson Experience||-2||18|
|23||Los Angeles 7 Figures||-||23|
|25||Dallas Public Enemy||-||25|
- Boston Wild Card moves up to #7 with their truly dominant performance at the Select Flight Invite; owners of two early-season double game point victories over Slow White, Wild Card has an argument for belonging even higher. Unfortunately for them, outside of a potential matchup with Seattle BFG at Elite-Select Challenge, they may not get a shot at any team ranked ahead of them until the Series.
- In the back half of the rankings, Atlanta Bucket is the big mover this week, advancing to #17 due to their runner-up showing in Columbus.
- Another Southeast team, Durham Toro, also continue to show they belong in the national conversation, with a solid weekend at SFI. Landing at #19, they only narrowly miss out on making an even bigger splash, losing their two games against ranked opponents by a combined three points.
Club Women's Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Pittsburgh Hot Metal (21)|
|1||Boston Brute Squad||-||1|
|3||Denver Molly Brown||-||3|
|4||San Francisco Fury||-||4|
|5||Washington DC Scandal||-||5|
|10||San Francisco Nightlock||-||10|
|14||New York BENT||+1||15|
|20||San Diego Wildfire||-||20|
|25||Kansas City Wicked||-|
- After picking up multiple losses at Select Flight Invite, Toronto 6ixers plummet from their previous perch at #11 all the way down #19.
- Chicago Nemesis surge ahead to #17 on the back of a big quarterfinal victory over Minneapolis Pop, who otherwise had a very strong weekend and hold steady at #18.
- While they didn’t match up head-to-head in Columbus, Quebec Iris and Ottawa Stella swap spots. Both lost badly to 6ixers, but Iris picked up a win over Nemesis while Ottawa took another ugly loss to Chicago.
- Like 6ixers, Raleigh Phoenix fall down the pecking order thanks to losses to Stella and Pop. Their bad weekend could have turned disastrous had two double game point wins over unranked teams gone the other way.
- After getting a shout out in last week’s Club Update, Kansas City Wicked enter the Power Rankings at #25. They replace a Pittsburgh Hot Metal squad who endured a brutal 2-4 weekend in Columbus.