The Elite Select Challenge lights up the board in all three divisions.
August 23, 2017 by Ultiworld in Rankings with 0 comments
Here are the latest Club Power Rankings, presented by the National Ultimate Training Camp! These rankings can always been found on our permanent rankings page.
Every Wednesday, we will post the Club Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
Club Men's Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Huntsville Freaks (24)|
|2||San Francisco Revolver||-||2|
|3||Washington DC Truck Stop||-||3|
|4||Raleigh Ring of Fire||-||4|
|5||Denver Johnny Bravo||-||5|
|6||Michigan High Five||-||6|
|9||Minneapolis Sub Zero||+12||21|
|14||Baltimore Medicine Men||+9||23|
|15||New York PoNY||-6||9|
|19||Atlanta Chain Lightning||-1||18|
|21||Vancouver Furious George||-4||17|
|23||Portland Rhino Slam!||-9||14|
|25||New Jersey Garden State Ultimate||-||25|
- After a one-loss weekend in Appleton, Boston Dig has proven themselves to be a truly elite team this season; now sitting next to Ironside in the Power Rankings, it’s the first time in nearly a decade that two men’s teams from the same city clearly reside in the top 10 in the country.
- Minneapolis Sub Zero are the biggest movers this week, jumping up 12 spots after a third place finish at Elite Select Challenge.
- Also moving way up are Baltimore Medicine Men, who claimed big victories over Doublewide and PoNY in Appleton. That performance also drags up Pittsburgh Temper and Toronto GOAT, who beat the Medicine Men at SFI, and subsequently SoCal Condors, who beat the those two at the same tournament.
- Going the other direction, New York PoNY, Austin Doublewide, and Oakland Guerrilla tumble down the rankings after after suffering some tough losses at ESC. Portland Rhino fall all the way to #23 after a 1-5 weekend in Appleton.
- With a nearly complete lack of connectivity to the rest of the field, Florida United drop this week despite an undefeated weekend at a local tournament. They picked up two big wins over Huntsville Freaks who fall out of the Power Rankings.
- New to the list this week is Denver Inception after earning wins over Madison Club and Rhino.
Club Mixed Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Gainesville G-Unit (23), Seattle Birdfruit (25)|
|4||Minneapolis Drag’n Thrust||-||4|
|5||Boston Wild Card||-||5|
|7||Connecticut Metro North||-||7|
|9||San Francisco Mischief||-||9|
|10||Fort Collins shame.||+1||11|
|12||Dallas Public Enemy||-|
|13||Denver Love Tractor||+2||15|
|14||San Francisco Blackbird||-2||12|
|15||Iowa Chad Larson Experience||+3||18|
|17||Minneapolis No Touching||-1||16|
|19||Washington DC Ambiguous Grey||-6||13|
|21||New York XIST||-1||20|
|22||San Francisco Polar Bears||-12||10|
|24||Los Angeles 7 Figures||-||24|
|25||West Chester Bang!||-|
- With their win at ESC, Seattle BFG justify their top 3 ranking. Also staying put within the Top 5 is Boston Wild Card, who lost to BFG and Love Tractor, though they later avenged their pool play loss to the latter.
- Fort Collins shame. move into the top 10 for the first time this season after making the final in Appleton; Madison NOISE also move up a few spots.
- Rejoining the rankings just a week after dropping out are Dallas Public Enemy; their perch at #12 is more in line with our preseason expectations than what we saw at PEC in July.
- Pittsburgh Alloy have been inconsistent this ssummer, but wins over NOISE and Ambiguous Grey see them creep up the list.
- Speaking of, Washington DC Ambiguous Grey fall six spots this week after a four-loss weekend, despite being the only team to top BFG.
- San Francisco Polar Bears had the most to lose heading into ESC, and boy did they lose it. Going 0-fer in pool play sees them plummet 12 spots as they perhaps cost the Southwest a couple strength bids.
Club Women's Power Rankings:
|1||Denver Molly Brown||-||1|
|2||Boston Brute Squad||-||2|
|4||San Francisco Fury||-||4|
|5||Washington DC Scandal||-||5|
|15||San Diego Wildfire||+5||20|
|17||New York BENT||-2||15|
|18||San Francisco Nightlock||-8||10|
|25||Kansas City Wicked||-||25|
- The Toronto 6ixers’ rankings fluctuation continues this week; while it wasn’t a USAU-sanctioned, Toronto knocked off Vancouver Traffic in the Canadian national championship game and move up to #7 this week.
- Chicago Nemesis fly up the rankings nine spots after their impressive undefeated weekend in at ESC.
- All missing key contributors in Appleton, Seattle Underground, Madison Heist, and San Francisco Nightlock all slip down the rankings.
- Portland Schwa and San Diego Wildfire were surprise pool winners at ESC and each move up five spots. The same goes for Raleigh Phoenix a bit further down the rankings after winning out in consolation to finish ninth.
- Oh what could have been for Columbus Rival; they endured a disappointing weekend in Appleton, losing four games by a total of five points; they fall eight spots this week to #20.