February 24, 2023 by Ultiworld in Rankings with 0 comments
Ultiworld’s College Power Rankings, presented by the National Ultimate Training Camp! Still time to sign up for college and club coaches panel discussions. Claire Chastain, Rowan McDonnell, Miranda Roth Knowles, and others will be sharing their insights and answering questions. Info at nutc.net.
While our College Power Rankings can always be found on our permanent rankings page, every week during the season we will post the current edition here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
Ultiworld Subscribers have access to team-by-team coverage in the Breakdown sections.
D-I Women’s Power Rankings
|Dropped from rankings: California (17)|
|10||UC Santa Barbara||-1||9|
|13||UC San Diego||-2||11|
D-I Women’s Discussion
- This week’s movement centers all around Presidents’ Day Invite, the biggest of which is California, who dropped out of the top 25 from #17 after a 13th place finish. Losing to fellow Southwest clubs UC Davis (by a lot) and UCLA was too much to swim against.
- Meanwhile, semifinalists Stanford and Oregon both move up. Stanford is #6 after a second consecutive final appearance. Oregon debuted with a strong showing, pushing Colorado and topping UCSB in their third place match, powering a five spot rise to #9.
- Duke push in at the final spot after their trip west, reaching the quarterfinal round and putting together four wins. Perhaps it’ll help the region’s bid-earning case.
D-I Men’s Power Rankings
|Dropped from rankings: Utah State (25)|
|9||Cal Poly SLO||-||9|
|17||UC Santa Cruz||-5||12|
D-I Men’s Discussion
- The Presidents’ Day Invite champions, Oregon, won in dramatic fashion, enabling them to rocket up 13 spots to #4. Taking down the presumptive title challengers will do that. It’s Oregon’s first appearance in the top five since the end of the 2020 season.
- The Southwest favorite is still Cal Poly SLO, but the order after that reshuffled at Prez Day. UC Santa Cruz could not follow up their shocking SBI success and fell five spots to #16. That used to be California’s rank, a but disappointing Presidents’ Day pushed them spots down to #23. Meanwhile, UCLA elevated three spots to #15 with a 7-2 record from the event.
- Washington rejoins the top 25 at #22 after a brief stint outside. While they still are without a marquee win, they continue to come up just short while going blow for blow with top teams like Colorado and Cal Poly SLO.
- A 3-5 weekend and 11th place finish pushed Utah State out of the top 25.
D-III Women’s Power Rankings
D-III Men’s Power Rankings
Ultiworld Subscribers, see below for a discussion of how each team fits in their regional landscape.
Bonus Content for College Power Rankings, Presented By NUTC [February 22, 2023] is only available to Ultiworld Subscribers
Already have a subscription? Log in
Whether you visit Ultiworld for our reporting, our podcasts, or our video coverage, you can help us continue to provide high quality content with a subscription. By becoming a subscriber, not only do you receive benefits like bonus content and full article RSS feeds, you also help fund all of Ultiworld's coverage in general. We appreciate your support!