The latest College Power Rankings!
March 15, 2017 by Ultiworld in Rankings with 3 comments
Every Wednesday, we will post the College Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
DI Men's Division Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Texas (21)|
|18||Cal Poly SLO||+4||22|
D-I Men’s Discussion
- With Massachusetts handing North Carolina there first loss of the spring season, we have a new #1 team as Pittsburgh slides into the top spot for the first time all year. UMass also moves up to #2 after their big win at Centex.
- UNC Wilmington edges up a couple spots to #7 after a mostly dominant performance at Tally Classic.
- After picking up another impressive win by taking down Massachusetts on Saturday afternoon, BYU moves into the Top 10 for the first time in program history.
- Two Texas squads take big plunges this week after a rough weekend near home at Centex. Dozen absorb a surprisingly loss to Harvard and slip to #17 while TUFF drops out of the rankings altogether with a winless weekend at their home tournament as they fight through some devastating injuries. Texas’ struggles also hurts Tufts, whose win over TUFF at Stanford now looks far less impressive.
- Florida was beaten by Cincinnati at Tally Classic and fall to #20.
- With the most wins in the division (23 already!) LSU join the rankings this week at #25 over a slew of other bubble squads.
DI Women's Division Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Western Washington (21)|
|21||UC San Diego||+1||22|
D-I Women’s Discussion
- No movement near the top of the Women’s rankings this week, as the action is confined to the bottom half of the table.
- Notre Dame enter the rankings at #24 after their win at Tally Classic, also bumping Florida down two spots to #19 who lost to Womb by five in Tallahassee.
- Western Washington, whose season is now over after a club sports violation, drops from our ranking set.
DIII Men's Division Power Rankings:
|24||Lewis & Clark||-4||20|
D-III Men’s Discussion
- John Brown Ironfist climbs to #2 after a big weekend at Centex, highlighted by a win over Texas.
- Union is the big mover this week, jumping nine spots to #16 after picking up a couple big wins over D-I programs Emory and Tennessee-Chattanooga at Tally Classic.
- Lewis & Clark dip to #24 after a baffling 12-6 loss to Whitworth in the final of the Palouse Open spoils an otherwise solid weekend.
DIII Women's Division Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Swarthmore (23)|
|14||Haverford and Bryn Mawr||-||14|
D-III Women’s Discussion
- Like D-I, the D-III women saw no movement at the top with all of the top 20 idle this past weekend.
- Elon and Swarthmore, after middling performances at Mash-Up, fall respectively to #24 and out of the rankings entirely.
- Georgia College, the only other ranked team in action this past weekend, move up three spots to #22 after picking up a tournament victory at Rip Tide.
- Skidmore, whose decent weekend at Bring the Huckus in late February had them on the fringes of the rankings, moves into the Top 25 this week, replacing Swarthmore.