The latest College Power Rankings!
February 15, 2017 by Ultiworld in Rankings with 1 comments
Every Wednesday, we will post the College Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
College D-I Men's Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Purdue (23)|
|14||Cal Poly SLO||-||14|
D-I Men’s Discussion
- Oregon State makes their first appearance in the Power Rankings this week after a strong start to their season. This past weekend they captured a Stanford Open crown and booked a spot in the Stanford Invite.
- Another consequence of OSU’s solid weekend in Morgan Hill is seeing Cincinnati drop to #25, based on results against a common opponent. While Cincy lost to UCSB at the Santa Barbara Invite, the Beavers just beat Black Tide.
- Purdue drops from the rankings as they lost the final of T-Town Throwdown to LSU — who is starting to make their own case to be considered at the back end of the Top 25.
College D-I Women's Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: Victoria (25)|
|24||UC San Diego||-1||23|
D-I Women’s Discussion
- Despite a dreadful weekend at Luminous, Georgia Tech is a hold for now while we wait to see if those results are assigned to the B team.
- The bottom of the Women’s D-I rankings remains fluid as about ten teams have a case for the final five slots. This week UC Davis moves in after a tournament title at Stanford Open, one spot behind UC San Diego, with whom they’ve split a season series so far.
College D-III Men's Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: St. Johns (13)|
|24||Lewis & Clark||-8||16|
D-III Men’s Discussion
- Air Force justify their spot at #2 after an impressive 5-2 record and sixth place showing at Stanford Open.
- Aside from a fluky first game loss, Carleton GOP also posted an impressive 5-2 record at Stanford Open. They are one of many teams who jump Claremont after they rolled the Braineaters on Sunday.
- Alabama-Huntsville move up this week after they handled business at T-Town Throwdown, notching a big 15-9 win over Alabama in the third place game in Tuscaloosa.
- Claremont’s disappointing 2-3 showing at Stanford Open drops them eight spots to #15. After barely nudging past Santa Clara, they before getting stomped by GOP 13-6.
- Lewis & Clark continue their plummet down the Power Rankings with another tough weekend. They also lost to GOP at Stanford and only managed two victories — both against B teams.
- Editor’s Note: St. John’s (in Minnesota) appear to have made a giant leap into the rankings this week, but this is just a correction from tagging the wrong school — St. John’s in New York — in previous iterations of these rankings. Our apologies.
College D-III Women's Power Rankings:
|Dropped from rankings: John Brown (24)|
|13||Haverford and Bryn Mawr||-||13|
|25||Lewis and Clark||-|
D-III Women’s Discussion
- With their fourth place finish at Stanford Open, Puget Sound moves back ahead of Portland. Clearcut got a couple good victories over D-I opponents.
- Carleton Eclipse also moves up based on their performance in Morgan Hill, though they were edged out by Clearcut in the tournament’s quarterfinal round.
- Like their men’s team, the Claremont Greenshirts slump a couple spots after taking some tough losses at Stanford Open, including a head-scratcher against Lewis & Clark.
- Lewis & Clark Artemis re-enter the rankings at #25 thanks to their win over Claremont.