College Power Rankings, Presented By NUTC [Feb 7, 2018]
Here are the latest College Power Rankings, presented by the National Ultimate Training Camp! These rankings can always been found on our permanent rankings page.
Every Wednesday, we will post the College Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
DI Women's Division Power Rankings:
D-I Women’s Discussion
- #6 Carleton moved up one spot, passing Texas after their 5-0 debut at Queen City Tune Up. They certainly passed the eye test in wins over #16 Ohio State and #20 Georgia.
- The quartet of #8 through #11 shifted around. #8 UC San Diego takes the top spot, still riding high after looking strong in Santa Barbara Invite. #9 North Carolina stays ahead of #10 Tufts, due to the weather-impacted nature of their head-to-head and Tufts loss to NC State. #11 Pittsburgh slots in behind Tufts, who defeated them in QCTU pool play.
- #21 Michigan dropped a couple spots, after suffering an ugly loss to Georgia Tech at QCTU, but they are helped by a win over Ohio State. That opened up space for #19 UC Santa Barbara and #20 Georgia, the latter of whom rejoins the rankings after making it to the Queen City Tune Up quarterfinals.
- Notre Dame fell out of the rankings after they went 1-3 at Queen City Tune Up, with just a one goal win over Cornell keeping them from a winless weekend. #25 Florida narrowly avoided that fate, falling five spots.
DI Men's Division Power Rankings:
D-I Men’s Discussion
- #14 Virginia Tech is the week’s big winner, jumping 11 spots after notching a win over #8 Massachusetts and proving that last year’s trip to Nationals wasn’t a fluke. UMass, fell two spots following the loss.
- The biggest loser in the rankings was #10 Michigan, who dropped five spots in their Spring debut at QCTU. Their loss to #18 Connecticut, who gained two spots of their own, was enough to push them from the top five.
- #25 Maryland is the only new team in this week’s rankings, bumping out British Columbia. UMD notched a huge win at QCTU over #13 Pittsburgh in which they didn’t concede a break.
DIII Women's Division Power Rankings:
D-III Women’s Discussion
- There were actually no changes in this week’s D-III Power Rankings, despite #18 Catholic taking the field. Their results were commensurate with that ranking. Luther and Portland switch spots to correct a previous error.
DIII Men's Division Power Rankings:
D-III Men’s Discussion
- #5 Dartmouth had a strong weekend, reaching the final of Mid-Atlantic Warm Up. The position ties their highest since the team came to D-III from D-I last year.
- After failing to register a single victory at QCTU – or a single point against Pittsburgh – UNC Asheville exited the rankings from their former perch at #14. Their spot was taken by #19 Williams, who went 5-2 at Mid-Atlantic Warm Up with wins over Rutgers and Syracuse and losses only to tournament champion Illinois and William & Mary.
More from Ultiworld